Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday's Feast and Why the Internet Can Be a Dangerous Thing (At Least Wikipedia)

I'm about to jump in the shower to get ready to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I'm to take a pill an hour before the procedure to slow down the salivating. It is Atropine. On a whim, I decide to see what this little pill is all about. Here's the Wikipedia report, with my highlights added:

Atropine is a tropane alkaloid extracted from the deadly nightshade (Atropa belladonna) and other plants of the family Solanaceae. It is a secondary metabolite of these plants and serves as a drug with a wide variety of effects. Being potentially deadly, it derives its name from Atropos, one of the three Fates who, according to Greek mythology, chose how a person was to die.

Now that's comforting. And that's just the preliminary drug. I'd much rather be doing Friday's Feast. I'd much rather be doing almost anything else besides having my teeth pulled, except maybe a bulk mailing at church.

Have a nice weekend.

*Update: 15 minutes to kill, so I'm jumping in on the Feast. I won't be eating a lot otherwise today!







Appetizer
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?
I would be a Yorkshire Terrier like my little Zoe so that we could play.













Soup
What does the color purple make you think of?
I almost moved to Utah and married him (5,768 times in my adolescent dreams.) Strange how he looks like a girl here, but I would have bopped you on the head if you had implied that in 1971. And purple is (for real, not just Donny influence) my life-long favorite color, specifically, lavender.








Salad
Approximately how long does it take you to get ready each morning?

One hour. Good day, 45 mins.

Main Course
How many cousins do you have, and are you close to them?

Not many. Yes to some, no to others. Some I've never met, even first cousins.

Dessert
Take your initials (first, middle, last) and come up with something else those letters could stand for. (Example: SFO = Sweet Funny Otter)

Love All Cookies!

19 comments:

Marsha said...

Sorry about the wisdom teeth. I did not have any difficulty when they removed mine and I pray the same for you Linda!

Great feast especially considering what you were facing as soon as you were done!

Carol said...

I hope your extraction goes well! Funny thing: purple makes me think of Jimi Hendrix. But not really in a marrying sort of way.

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

I'd have to fight you over Donny!

:-)

Becky, Mom, Mommy, Hey you, said...

Hope you feel ok...

and wow One hour..if I had an hour...

Happy Friday

Debbie said...

Perfect Dessert!!!!!!

Southern Girl said...

Love your dessert!!

I hope the teeth pulling goes well today and it isn't too traumatic. Have some nice mashed potatoes for supper tonight.

Susanne said...

You couldn't have married Donny-O because I was marrying Donny. Sheesh. Silly girl.

Praying for your appointment Linda. I try to resist the urge to google stuff like that 'cause I'm just darn scared to know.

tegdirb92 said...

loved your sweet soup memory!! I absolutely love that dog picture!! Have a wonderful Friday.

samurai said...

Nothing like calming your nerves before getting your teeth pulled!

BTW - I love cookies too!

Lynn / vigilant20 said...

Dang, that is one scary drug description!

Ann said...

Hey there, Linda! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope you have a nice quick recovery!! Hopefully you're taking a nice nap right now and just resting from having those wisdom teeth out.

I remember having mine out, they put me to sleep. I remember when they turned on the IV for the sleep medication I started counting backward from 100 to see how far I could get before going out. I remember getting to 97 haha! When I got home, I took a nice long nap.

Get well soon, Linda :)

ellen b. said...

Your appetizer is so cute and your dessert makes me want a cookie!
have a great weekend...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/10/18/friday-feast-6/

Tammy said...

Hope all goes well with those wisdom teeth! I have just one out, and really need to get the other three done but keep procrastinating....but if I do, I'll be sure not to google any drugs they'll be giving me! ;)

And yep, I remember watching their show and Marie teased him about his purple socks!
(Love that you and I are the same age and we can reminisce...) :)

Tere said...

NO, I loved Donny! I wore a purple dress to the concert in 1972. I took religion seriously - my confirmation name was Marie cause, well I think you might understand. And I was SO gonna marry him. And I had that picture and he did kinda look like a girl.

I am a new fan but I hope your wisdom teeth experience was not too bad.

Kim said...

Praying everything went well with your wisdom teeth??? I had all 4 of mine pulled this past April.....and let's just say....I think smashing my head with a hammer repeatedly...would have been less painful!?? :-)

I ended up with a hole in my sinus cavity due to the extractions......so I was out......pretty much flat...for 3 weeks.

Please let us know how you are doing??? For me, it was a GREAT weight loss program as I lost 15 pounds!!

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

DRUGS and lots of them...

hope you are doing well... ouchy...

Look, if I'm older than you.. I would have married Donny first...loved him...

Puppy Love.. he was singing to me!!

Connie

Laura said...

Yikes about Antropine! That's a deeply uncomforting Wikipedia report.

You'll be fine, although the chipmunk cheeks never look good on anyone first time out of the chair after wisdom teeth extraction.

(Please, please post a picture of your cheeks!)

thouartloosed said...

Linda,
Hahaha..I just had to laugh at your drug "research". The wisdom teeth ordeal is going to be OVER soon. I'm praying for a speedy recovery-one that you say "what was I so stressed out about that for?".
Kathy

Amy said...

Purple=Donny always! I said the same thing. And I admit I still love him to this day. Only I love my husband a little more ;o)