Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Because Man Cannot Live on Turkey or Chocolate Alone"-Or-"An Intimate Moment that I'm Sharing with Readers"

Yes, it's another riveting post here at 2nd Cup. But I write about this product for two reasons. First, even though I've tried, man cannot live by chocolate alone. Therefore, I supplement my diet daily with this particular cereal. Secondly, if you've ever been to this blog and said, "Hey. I think I'd like to get to know Linda better," this is pertinent info: I go through two boxes of this cereal a week. By myself.

Calvin Klein has his Obsession; I have mine.

Did I mention that it has wild blueberry clusters in it?

Taste: sublime, especially when I add sliced almonds. To.Die.For. No one has paid me to say that, but they should. Because whatever money they gave me would be funneled right back into buying the cereal.

The nuts and bolts:
1 cup = 200 cals., 2.5 g fat, sodium 130, total carb 42, fiber: 4g, protein: 6 g.

What you'd never guess: Heart to Heart is high in antioxidant nutrients to help fight free radicals and keep arteries healthy. It's high in vitamins E, C and beta carotene. The 25 mg of grape seed extract gives you the antioxidant equivalent of eating nearly a pound of grapes. Extracts from green tea (100 mg) and white tea (50 mg) are also potent ntioxidants. Plus you get all kinds of other vitamins and minerals. NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS.

So, it helps reduce cholesterol, keeps arteries clean and healthy, and promotes healthy blood pressure (low sodium).

When I add my skim milk--BAM!!! I get my calcium.

I could live on this stuff. I've been eating it for months and months. And now you know an intimate fact about me that helps create the complicated 37-piece mosaic I like to call, "Me." Fascinating, I know.

13 comments:

Robin M. said...

Thanks for the info. I'll definately give it a try. I have loved every Kashi product I have ever tried. Their TLC's are great (Tasty Little Crackers) too.

marina said...

Linda, i love Kashi creal eat it everyday ,,but I know what you mean about paying you for the almonds it is kind of costly,have a great day. marina

Susanne said...

I love cereal too. I'll have to keep my eye out for it to hit Canada.

Heth said...

Yum. Cereal.

Jerri Phillips said...

You know a cereal is more than "just healthy" when you let your 10- and 7-year olds loose on the cereal aisle and say, "You can pick what you want," and they hover around the Kashi section to decide which two boxes to get. Kashi beat out the Princess cereal I voted for (I'm using my hormones as an excuse...). Blueberry is their favorite, but they will slice a banana on top of any of them and call it a feast.

Got to love a group that takes "being good" to a tasteful level.

Lois E. Lane said...

Fighting free radicals makes me feel a little guilty ... poor little radicals ... they just want to stand out! Forget the whales, SAVE THE FREE RADICALS!

Kimberly said...

I'm with Robin; I've liked every Kashi product I've tried. Especially their cereal bars with dark chocolate and cherries :-)
I'll have to try this cereal. I usually eat plain yogurt with homemade granola but I like to mix it up and add some variety now and then.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Love chocolate, LOVE cereal, LOVE KASHI!! I think we would get along famously, yes I do. :)

Susan said...

I love this cereal, I just don't take the time to MAKE my breakfast. Even when it's putting cereal in a bowl, I cannot get it all done in the morning. So I have to grab and go.

Susan

Cyndy said...

I happen to love the Kashi Honey Puffs..Id fakt I'b eadig a bowl ride now. I take it with Almond Breeze milk though as the cow stuff doesn't like me much. I haven't tried your stuff before...maybe I'll give it a go! :>

Fresh Girl said...

That has more calories and fat grams than I typically like to have in my cereals, but it has a good amount of fiber, so that should help off-set it. I may have to pick up a box. Lately I've been eating that new Curves cereal...it's very good, too.

LoriAnne said...

I wish I could be a Kashi groupie...my passion is and always has been...Lucky Charms. "Always after me Lucky Charms."

Vicki said...

Yep, me too...I'm a Kashi nut. Love the blueberries, too.