Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blog Lite

It's "Blog Lite" today because I've got to put the final touches on my presentation for Friday night. And bathe the dog. And dye my roots. Friday night is big for me, people, really big. I've even considered getting the old acrylic nails put back on.

So let's get right to it:

First off: I just heard a radio ad for PetSmart that advised, "Surprise your pet with the perfect holiday gift."

Hello? Aren't they always surpised, since technically, they can't formulate wish lists or write to Santa or think ahead past the kibble you're holding over their heads?

Anyway, it doesn't take much to surprise my dog. If I go out of a room she's in and then turn right around and come back, she's like, "Heyyy, what are YOU doing HERE?! Wooo!" And that tail is wagging like we've been apart for oh-so-long.

And, "the perfect gift?" Come on. You could give any dog a sack of stinky garbage and it would be like they won the lottery. I'd say you pretty much can't go wrong if you give the gift of ... meat. It's a timeless classic. If you want to go wild, throw down some cheese.

Secondly: Farewell, Marie. You knew it was coming after what will forever be known on DWTS as "the dumbfounding doll debacle." The doll dance was waaay worse than any Sanjaya performance ever hoped to be. I sat slack-jawed watching the sister of my almosthusband whenIwas11 embarrass the whole Osmond family, millions of Osmond fans, Sharon and Ozzie Osbourne, the citizens of Oslo, anyone or thing even associated with the letter "O." You know even Oprah grimaced. I had to watch this through my hands like an American Idol audition. Why did she hold her mouth like that the entire dance? Why did she show her underwear right at the get-go? Who suggested and choreographed this for Marie--LaToya Jackson? Why did she act so smug, throwing up her hands and yelling, "I'm a doll designer! I'm a doll designer!" One judge said she was like a cross between Baby Jane and the Bride of Chuckie. Another said it was the loopiest thing he'd ever seen. I know she's been through a lot, but still, why didn't somebody stop her?

If you missed it and wish to have your retinas melted, here it is:

13 comments:

Melanie said...

This was bad! I think it should have started out as the doll then she should have broken out of it. Or maybe this was a promo for her dolls.
I've been thinking about Friday! Praying for you! It will be great-

Debbie said...

Totally agree on the dog thing. Mine think it's a holiday each day when I get home from work!

Marie - doll dance - all I can say is Eeeeeek!

Friday will be great - quit stressing. I'm really looking forward to it.

Merrie said...

Yesterday at work, no one could work b/c they were ALL watching and REwatching the dance... over and over and over we had to pick up jaws that were hanging to the floor....
I love the idea of surprising the dog... that's also a joke!
You will do great on Friday - I'll be praying for you! (no, that's not why you'll be great... you will be great b/c of WHO you will be representing)

Fresh Girl said...

No, no...I can't look! And you can't make me! Ack.

Susanne said...

I'll pass on rewatching, thanks. Once, with all the repeats, was enough. There was not even more than an absolute smidge of dancing. It might have worked if her doll character actually pretended to come alive and actually, you know, danced. Seeing it was a dance competition and all. That might have been actually pretty neat. I would have been totally choked if she made it to the final two. And now I've committed a total blasphemy towards everything Osmond. *sigh* I'll never live it down.

Praying for you for Friday! I know you're going to do great!

Heth said...

Interesting.
Very interesting.

Not exactly sure what that was all about. So sorry Marie.

Amy said...

I dare not to watch! I wonder if Donny needs me to hold up his of shame? Hmmmm. Sigh.

Johanna said...

Wow, I haven't been watching DWTS every week, but the last time I saw her she was so good!!! And that was horribly unspeakably bad!! I wouldn't attempt to do "the sprinkler" even in the privacy of my own home, nor should anyone over the age of 12.
I love the Petsmart Christmas flier- especially the "Princess Kitty "collection. Little hats and sweaters and stuff.Any cat would be thrilled! It's just hard to find good hiding places so they don't find their gifts and ruin the surprise...

marina said...

Linda, at least she had the dance thing going with her hands!! But it was very EMBARRASSING for her and all Osmonds!! What was she thinking?/and why didn't her choregrapered was say something he show of know better. Poor thing now she has to live it down.And showing all of her unerdwear was really bad can I say enough!! Our Poor Donny!!

I will keep you in my prayers on Firday (and"what will You wear")
LOL, love,marina PS, please tell us how it went

The Preacher's Wife said...

Praying your Friday night is absolutely drenched in the Holy Spirit...

You've got to film and GodTube it! :)

Lisa

Roxanne said...

That was just sad. . .and I don't even WATCH DWTS. Sad, sad, sad.

Cyndy said...

I knew there was areson I don't watch this show!

Tammy said...

Oh, she is so much better than that...poor Marie!