Saturday, November 10, 2007

Do Not Attempt to Ignore These Links or You will Be Severely Sorry. Seriously Severely Sorry.

Look! I won a major award! It's a major award! Sorry, I just got ahead of myself seasonally and Ralphie's dad came through.

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life gave me this really nice award, and to be honest, I don't feel deserving. If it had been awarded for most annoying references to wisdom teeth, dog poo and crushes on people in 1973, THEN we're talking deserving.

This award originated with Mama Pajama. There are five categories in which to nominate someone, and Cindy thinks I'm creative. (No doubt I wow-ed her when I noted that my dog's poo looks exactly like a Tootsie roll or that I beat my Swiffer dry mop on the side of my house to clean it.)

So in the spirit of "The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay, for love isn't love 'til you give it away," I am now nominating four people who fit the bill. **Note I'm going to give this award to people I haven't mentioned before, so if you already know I love you, don't be offended. I am NOT cheating on you. I'm just a blogging serial monogamist. I'm not mentioning their given names because I'm not sure if each has revealed that.

For "Creativity" I want you to meet someone I found by happenstance this week. I jumped all over her blog and found references to chickens, Camaros (she had me at chickens and Camaros) the FBI, a neighbor with Lucille Ball hair ... It's been a while since I laughed out loud at post. I don't ROFL easily. I guess I'm stoically creative. (Huh?) She calls herself Queen of Trailerland. She's not quite your average mommy blogger. Warning: you must be of a certain mommy blogger "height" to ride this ride because the post I'm referring you to is like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at the trailer park. It's like when people mix chocolate and hot peppers. I'm still not over the experience.

For "Keeping it Real:"
Notes from Under the Laundry Pile. I am directing you to the page with a typical post of H's that cracks me UP. This is one of my favorite sites.

For "Staying True to Her Beliefs:"
Windows to My Soul. In fact, she just posted about this very topic this week. She posted an opinion, which, in my opinion is rare. Except for that there opinion I just had. I don't think this is about being rigidly opinionated, it's just having the guts to go there and then answer questions. Bravo, V!

For "Staying True to Conscience:"
Ponderings from the Path. Oh man, talk about someone trying to do the right thing ... go here and read what this woman did to save a cat because she felt it was the right thing. She's amazing. And, I would also nominate her for the next award because of her coming alongside me during Nate's ordeal. God really used her.

For "Spirit of Giving,"
Brand new blogger Like a Rose for sharin' the love through the maaaaagic of computers and in real life. The gift of unconditional love is priceless.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for introducing us to some great new bloggers! :>)

Cindy Swanson said...

Linda, I visited all your links! "Windows to My Soul" was the only one I was familiar with, and you're right, it's an excellent one.

Man, I keep finding out about great blogs! *sigh* So many great blogs, so little time!

Ann-Marie said...

Site jumping from Notes in the Key in the Life. I loved your link list and checked them all out. Loved the trailer stories! So funny. Thanks so much for sharing!

Jerri Phillips said...

You are such a blessing. It is such an honor to receive this from you. Thank you so much!

Johanna said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I do feel my neighborhood deserves credit for it's creativity, not so much me, I just observe and report. I have visited the links you listed, and have been reading your old posts, and I haven't laughed (or gotten teary)this much in a long time. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your bloggy group!!! There is wonderful stuff here!Oh, and Spinal Tap is one of my all time favorites- I had to stop watching when the kids were old enough to talk because I tend to sing the songs...sorry about the long comment!

Vicki said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me, Linda. I'll take all the encouragement I can get because some days it's really tough. Btw, I really enjoy your writing style! Keep it up!

hugs,
Vicki

KT said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved award! I do enjoy your posts. You are very creative, very entertaining! And thanks for sharing some favorite blogs. Always nice to check out new reads. Katie

Ann said...

Congratulations on your award, Linda! And thank you for sharing more wonderful blogs with us :)

Susan said...

Did you REALLY type this at 3:15AM??? You amaze me. I can't wait to visit these links as most of them are new to me. Thanks for sharing and congratulations for your award.

Hugs,

:-) Susan

Suzio said...

I can't wait to check out the Blogs you suggested, I love finding new places to roost. :D

Heth said...

Congratulations! And thanks for the shout out.

Who says that? Who says shout out? It's not like you were really yelling or even using all caps. Where in the world did that come from...

Debbie said...

Thanks so much. Your continued encouragement means more than you know. You keep watering and this "Rose" is bound to grow! Thanks again.
Also, I've been catching the Laundry Pile off and on for a while and Queen of Trailerland looks to be a regular read! Thanks for introducing them.