Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More Blog Lite

Yeah, I'm still working on the Friday night thing. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. Today, I plugged in the flash drive and previewed my presentation on the huge screen at work where the event will be, and most of the fonts were mixed up, so things came out like this:

Christmas Gatherin
g

Great. I think I must have a different version of Powerpoint at home from church, so some of the fonts didn't translate well. Also I had to change some colors, etc. This is not a regular slideshow; I think it's kind of like digital scrapbooking. So I spent an hour after work editing that stuff. There's more to do tomorrow.

Plus, my good friend and soloist for the evening walked into my office today and sort of smacked her arm down on the ledge of my desk and said, "I need some major prayer." Only this wasn't Rachel's regular voice requesting prayer; this was Lucille Ball's voice inexplicably coming out of Rachel's mouth. Unbelievable. She said it's the first raspy throat she's in had in like three years.

When you get all frantic about things going wrong, there's only one thing to do. Pray. And then the next thing you do is distract yourself by thinking of how many celebrity look alikes you can come up with.



#1: I think Jerry Seinfeld is Carol Burnett's secret offspring.











#2: Gretchen Carlson, former Miss USA and Fox Anchor, was clearly the inspiration for "Underdog's" Polly Purebred.









#3: Zachary Levi from "Chuck" is clearly Barry Williams' clone minus the groovy duds.

6 comments:

Roxanne said...

And aren't you glad you checked it out? I once did an entire presentation only to find that the font (like yours) didn't translate to the other computer and all of my words looked like identical sequences of rectangles standing on end. EEK!!!!!

Johanna said...

Praying for you, and your comparisons are eerily accurate!!!!!!!! Everything is going to be just fine!!!!

Melanie said...

It is all coming together.

Carol was my fav. celeb as a child. Seinfeld is my fav now. I think you are on to something...

Susanne said...

Praying that your presentation all comes together.

Wow those guys all do look alike!

Kim said...

ROFL! Your comparisons are spot on. Especially Zachary -- did Barry have a love child we didn't know about?
Will be praying for you on Friday (before then, too!). I used to be terrified of speaking in public. 3 1/2 years of deputation have taken that terror down to a twinge of fear now and then. But I don't think I'll ever be fully comfortable up in front.

Tammy said...

Those lookalikes are genius...love it! :D