Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Behold: The Titantic Tower of Sweets

Yeah, I know I begin a lot of posts with "Behold." That usually portends sarcasm. And that would apply here.

I have a person in my family who is difficult to buy for. Christmas stymies me. So I decided to break down and order my first-ever edible medley of miscellany from that catalog company we all know as "Larry and Harry." I chose the selection at the left, the "Tower of Sweets," which coincidentally happens to be my husband's nickname for his somewhat tall wife. Just kidding. Although I am kind of boxy.

Anyway.

I've been anticipating the arrival of Jerry and Terry's mouthwatering product, and today it came. But I almost missed it because it was on my front porch by the door, looking for all the world like a box of tissues, only less exciting because the outside box was plain brown.

I thought, "Oh no ... this can't be ... the high rise of confections? ... the monolith of bon bons? ...."

Alas, it was. So here it is, for the purpose of perspective, under the tree and next to a dog who is roughly the size of a squirrel with a glandular problem. The Tower of Sweets is quite the cloud-breaker, isn't it?

12 comments:

Cyndy said...

Coming from "Larry and Harry's" neck of the woods I can assure you that your less than impressive tower of sweets contains very impressive delectables. I would covet such a gift!

Melanie said...

LOL

It is a good thing it wasn't marketed as "The Tower of Babel."

You would be due a refund.

Susanne said...

I am seriously having a laugh attack over here and my family is looking at me like I 've totally lost it. This totally amuses me.

I'm surprised Zoe didn't try to snitch a few while you took the picture.

Mama Bear June said...

Oh, that's RICH! (No pun intended. LOL) Too funny. It can be dangerous ordering out of catalogs. But I bet the sweets are yummy. Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)
Path to Health

Carol said...

That is just too funny! I guess it was a very short man who named it a "tower" of sweets. Maybe it was an elf!
~Carol
http://carolmehl.wordpress.com

PJ said...

Aah! Behold the tower!! Slightly shorter than Babel, slightly taller than a mole hill. (And the price tag? Definitely not priceless!)

Stepping Out of the Boat said...

I just wanna know what they taste like! As I sit here sipping my coffee...some sweets sound very scrumpious! :)

Anne Bradshaw said...

Thanks for my morning chuckle. Bet the sweets taste delicious, no matter how high. I must return later and read more. This looks like a great blog.

Robin said...

Oh my! Well, behold, maybe you could order another one and glue them together!

Lois E. Lane said...

Hmmmm...and my husband calls me "Oompa Loompa" :)
Not really, but, I'm far from a "Tower of Sweets!"

Jerri Phillips said...

Imagine the ego boost for ZOE!!!!!

Leaping towers in a single bound!!

I'm so loving this...

Fresh Girl said...

Oh, you are SO right about the mythical tower of ANYTHING from these mail order stores. I witnessed this myself first hand the one year I ordered stuff from Swiss Colony. It all looks so big in the catalog or online, doesn't it? ;)