Monday, December 10, 2007

Betcha Can't Eat Just One


























You say you love your kid? Really. Do you love him/her ginormously?

Prove it.

Buy him this monolithic tyrannosaurus toy soldier Christmas cookie.

Imagine your kid's delight as he rips into the shoulder of the mother of all Christmas cookies.

This is not so outrageous, moms. If you indulge your kid with this cookie, you will never have to bake another Christmas cookie again the rest of your life. If your kid even starts to talk about a birthday cake, you just remind him of the year you bought him the NBA star of cookies. In fact, you will never have to send your child a care package at college because even then, the soldier will have at least one remaining foot.

So, what would you pay for this delectable delight?

$50?

$100?

Nope.

$300.00

Plus $100.00 for shipping

That's $400.00. Four-hundred dollars of dough for dough.

Where can you purchase the 5ft cookie? FAO Schwartz, of course. Might as well order two, right?

16 comments:

Melanie said...

But where do you get the jar big enough for it to fit in?

Jerri Phillips said...

They'll need that to last into their college years for the bite it'll take out of their college funds.

And why do they sell things like that? Because someone buys it.

Susanne said...

Now if you were talking a 5 ft. piece of dark chocolate, then I might think about it. For me of course. Not for the child.

Big Mama said...

Sadly, I could eat that whole cookie in one sitting.

Debbie said...

Does Ziploc sell a bag that big?

And I hope for $400 that is good gooey icing not that hard crunchy tasteless stuff.

And how do the ship him/it? UPS or on a Delta Airlines flight?

marina said...

Well I couple of weeks ago I bought a box of ginger bread man cookie sugar free and put them out of my sons and husband sight for my self hehe,Well THEY FOUND IT!!AND ATE IT ALL YES ALL GONE NOT EVEN ONE FOR ME! so I would buy these one for them so they could leave my diet ones alone.marina

Pamela said...

Ick! All that red dye! Blecch! And the boots...would they turn your teeth black? Hey, for $400 bucks I could bake enough yummy cookies to last an entire childhood.

Linda, I love your blog! I'm bookmarking it. And thank you for visiting mine (a work in progress, that's for sure) and leaving such nice comments.

Have a great day!

Sassy Lucy said...

Let's see giant cookie...or something useful like clothing????? They better really want that cookie, right?

Added you to my Magnificent Mamas Blogroll today.

Tammy said...

Rushing to order one right now...and adding on another couple thousand bucks for the dental bills...;)

samurai said...

Um... no... I have enough heartburn as it is... and I just know my kids will take two bites and say, "I'm full"...

Fresh Girl said...

EVERYTHING in the FAO Shwartz catalog is outrageous. I like to look through it and it just makes me laugh... and feel a little sorry for the kids who grow up expecting AND receiving some of that stuff.

Pamela said...

Hey Linda, completely off the subject but you can actually get Cholula on amazon... or I will be glad to send you some! BTW, I was born in Frankfort, Indiana. We moved away when I was around 4 or 5, but I do have some fond memories.

Cyndy said...

So how would you divide that up for a cookie exchange? You get the head, you get a leg, you get an arm...

Carrie said...

Oh my word. It never even occurred to me that such a thing even existed! That's crazy!

Ann said...

I've never seen anything like that! It reminds me of a dream I had as a kid. I dreamt that I had a ginormous foil-wrapped chocolate egg in my front yard. I remember waking up, seriously expecting to see it there in the yard.

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...that is just a bit much, isn't it??

Susan