Monday, December 31, 2007

Changes at Internet Cafe!




New Year, New Ideas, New Inspiration!

I am happy to tell you about some changes you can look forward to at the Internet Cafe. Darlene Schacht, editor of Christian Women Online, has entrusted the operation of Internet Cafe' to Lisa McKay of The Preacher's Wife and me. I consider Lisa the pilot and myself the co-pilot who can run and get something for the pilot like an iced tea while the pilot mans the controls, stays the course and leads us onward. At any rate, we will be "flying by faith, not by sight." (Oh, that's bad.) What I really mean, of course, is that we want to operate under God's direction and serve Him faithfully.

Lisa says, "We will be working as a team to 'kick it up a notch' and hopefully provide you with the most relevant Christian devotional site on the Internet. Our goal is to see Christ magnified and for women to form a holy habit of spending just a portion of their daily computer time focused on our God and Savior."

So that cute little button up there will be yours for the taking when you visit the Cafe today. I'm posting it in my sidebar as a reminder that some of my computer time could actually be spent meditating on scripture and wonderful applications.

Features you can look forward to:

Top-notch devotional writers, as always. However, we have added some new writers whom I will not reveal here but will wait for you to be surprised when you visit!

Fantastic Giveaways ~ Starting ... tomorrow!

Clearly indexed devotions ~ If you are tired and need a boost, or your feeling a little down, or need peace, for instance, we hope that you can quickly access readings that will be spiritual shots in the arm. It takes a lot of energy to look around; we want you to find help immediately.

Guest bloggers ~ Some of your favorite bloggers who you probably read daily will be guest contributors! Again--surprises in store!

Call-outs for writers ~ Calling all writers! From time to time we will throw out a topic and ask for submissions. Your words will bless someone that day because you will have used a God-given gift to enrich someone else's life.

Input ~ We welcome comments and suggestions. Right off the bat, if you have any thoughts on the site, email us. If something occurs to you down the road, email us. We want to hear what you think.

So please pop on over to the Internet Cafe today and join us at the beginning of a new venture!

9 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do a great job!

freetofly said...

I will have to check this out! May God richly reward your joint efforts! What a thrilling opportunity!

Maria

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Congratulations to you and Lisa. I'm a new reader to your blog. (How have I not found you until now?!?) But I feel confident that you'll be a great pilot (or co-pilot or flight attendant or baggage handler, whatever that day requires).

Happy 2008!

As We Sail... said...

This sounds exciting, we all need more good devotionals. I'll be checking it out.

marina said...

Linda,like I said you have a talent for writing and I know you and Lisa will will be such a blessing for other's that read what you too have to say,
Congraltions for the both of you I know you too will do well!! I am so Happy for the both of you!!marina

Lisa writes... said...

Sounds exciting!

Melanie said...

How exciting!!

Merrie said...

Oh boy! I can't wait! Great ideas. Thank you for all your words. You always make me laugh and draw me into revelation and thought. Thanks for being here.. and there and all the places you write.
Happy New Year!!! God's goodness will bless you abundantly this year!

Dimple Queen said...

Linda, I just came to your site through Lisa's. I have tried many times to go the the Internet Cafe through her site and have never been able to get there. But now that I have come here I am even MORE intrigued. But when I tried to get there from your site I couldn't either. Do you know what could be the problem? My network isn't blocking it, it just isn't pulling all the way up.

Angela