Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday's Feast 171

Appetizer
What was the last game you purchased?

Electronic dartboard last Christmas (caution: harmful to wimpy forearms and drywall around target).

Soup
Name something in which you don’t believe.

The premise behind John Lennon's "Imagine."
That you can be anything you want when you grow up.
That for every social ill, there's a programmatic governmental cure.
That my dog will ever be 100% potty trained.
That there is no absolute truth.
That there are dozens and dozens of ways to get to God. There are lots of different ways to worship, but I'm not talking about those.
That you can eat one Hershey's kiss and stop.

Salad
If you could choose a celebrity to be your boss, who would you pick?

Well, that Oprah, you know, Winfrey? She's quite generous.
Max Lucado, maybe? He seems quite nice. Maybe I would catch his writing gift by osmosis. "May I take your coffee mug away, Mr. Lucado?" "What? You want me to call you 'Max'? OK, Max!" Then I would take the mug out of others' sight and rub it on my forehead, and then maybe magically, I would write like Max. And even get published.

Main Course
What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?

"Boys will be boys heartbreakers, cheaters, dishonest."

Dessert
Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.

Light background noise such as a blower or hum of some kind, snow outside the window (as opposed to inside?) lots of books and a computer. Pretty much my family room right now. There truly is no place like home.

22 comments:

Judy Thomas said...

Happy Friday. I liked your list of things you don't believe in. I can identify with them all (well, except your puppy.. I don't have one), but I have a friend who does and she would SO appreciate what you are going through.

I love your blog... I'm so thankful for Friday's Feast, because of the neat people I get to "meet." I'll be coming back to visit.

Raven said...

Much wisdom with your Main course.

Boys are boys, but it's not an excuse for the things so many of them do.

Excellent feast!

annie said...

I often laugh or cry or just feel through the words you write. And your room of relaxation would look just like mine, except with a coffee pot nearby and some music. (we don't know what snow looks like in Houston, so I had to substitute.) Thanks for the smiles and conveying your sweet heart. annie

Susanne said...

I agree to most of your "Dont' believe" list. Except I'm not a big Hershey's kiss fan (gasp) so I bet I could stop at one. LOL. And of course, I don't have Zoe so am not able to formulate an opinion on the whole doggy potty training thing. ;v)

Wouldn't that be nice if a "Max" mug worked like that? Oprah would be generous but I think she'd be very exacting as a boss too! I can't imagine she expects anything less than a hundred and twenty percent out of her staff. But I'm just assuming of course. I wouldn't know.

Debbie said...

Very tasty "soup". We started with the same "salad". And, no surprise, your "dessert" is a nice little slice while mine is the whole pie. I always linger too long on dessert! That's why I'm fat and you're not........

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Bwahahahah, I laughed out loud on you main course. The problem here? They think with the wrong head. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Cyndy said...

Amen to the John Lennon thing. It's scary what he imagined.
And isn't it a good thing that there are some boys who grow up to be men.

tegdirb92 said...

I always sleep with a fan on for noise--great relaxation place!! Have a great weekend.

Sassy Lucy said...

Very nice feast...
You say you don't believe in..."The premise behind John Lennon's "Imagine."
I guess I don't believe that the idea can be there but the song means a lot to me.

Have a good weekend,
Penelope Anne

Liza said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for visiting my other blog A Simple Life at http://mlizcochico.com. You have a very nice blog. You have a great feast and I love your dessert ;)

Becky, Mom, Mommy, Hey you, said...

Greast Feast today and you definately gave me some things to think about...

Thanks for visiting my blog...

Susanna said...

Thanks for dropping by. Ienjoyed your feast.

forgetfulone said...

Oh, no! I just purchased an electronic dartboard for my son. I really agree with your soup statements. I chose Oprah also!

ellen b. said...

Amen to your soup!!
It was fun feasting hear Linda! have a great weekend...

Eds said...

hi linda, thank u so much for the kind words u've shared in my blog, I feel much better now. :)

Thank u so much for the visit, you have a nice blog here! :) have a nice day! :)

Fresh Girl said...

Fantastic soup!

Eds said...

thank u for sharing my feast with me! :)

shoeaddict said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jennifer said...

Great feast! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Jennifer :-)

Missy said...

Wait a minute. I have a nativity scene with John and Yoko, naked, and the Dalai Lama in the manger. It sounds like you are criticiZing my chosen path to the Goddess, and that isn't very tolerant.

Roxanne said...

Missy's comment TOTALLY cracked me up. . .so I clicked over to her blog. She's got some cute kids arranged JUST like a staircase.

Flip Flop Floozie said...

Welcome!! I love new visitors to my blog PLUS you are a Midwestern gal like myself. We just moved from Illinois almost 7 years ago to the warm South EAST!!
Yes, do the photo hunt. You just take your camera and point and shoot just like I did. I am a far way away from being polished!! smile.
Sandy
This next week the word is SMALL