Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday's Feast and the Answers to Yesterday's Nativity Scramble

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Make up a word and give us its definition.

I always come back to my favorite of all, a verb: "to Rebo." Years ago, my best friend's little dog was named Rebo. He was in the backyard while people were throwing a baseball. He got beaned and subsequently passed "over the rainbow bridge," so to speak. It was horrifying for the family, and for me to hear it second-hand. Since then, if I'm afraid someone is going to get knocked out, I have said, "Watch out! You're gonna get Rebo'd!"

Soup
What is currently your favorite song?


Well this is going to sound weird. My first response would have probably been "Winter Wonderland" or "Sleigh Ride," but this week in church on Wednesday night, we sang the old song, "I'm Coming Back to the Heart of Worship, 'cause it's all about you, Jesus. I'm sorry for the thing I've made it, when it's all about you; it's all about you, Jesus." I choked up because that's how I was feeling about what we (I) do at Christmastime--we get off-focus so easily. It's all about Him.

Salad
What’s at the top of your Christmas wish list this year?


You know, I'm a person who loves to give and get (uh, we're supposed to be honst, right?) gifts, but this year, I have not even thought about what I'd like because I'm just too stressed out getting stuff done. ("It's all about you; it's all about you, Jesus!")

Main Course
Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.


Everyone has his/her own scent. My parents' house is unique. My kids love their "smell." It's a good smell, by the way. If we leave something there and then bring it home eventually, the kids sniff it and say, "Ah, it smells like Grandma's house."

Dessert
Who is someone on television that you feel probably shouldn’t be, and why?


You mean if we didn't have that pesky old free speech thing? OK, bad TV evangelists, most music videos, The Man*Show, Hugh Hef-fner's Girlfriends, shock jocks, Imus, reality shows on VH1, etc. Why? The first gives a whole people group a bad name and offends many. The rest of the group proves why we need good evagelists, period.

And now for the Nativity Scramble Answers! (You can still play if you go to yesterday's post without peeking below!)



1. Hmseisa - Messiah

2. mheetlheb- Bethlehem

3. nkedyo - donkey

4. nlaasmi - animals

5. renpienke - innkeeper

6. phorwis - worship

7. nroyuej - journey

8. rceksfnenina - frankincense

9. rtecbaele - celebrate

10. vasiro - savior

11. narniactio - incarnation

12. laceign oths – angelic host

13. sseunc - census

12 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I haven't done a Friday's Feast in a while. I really enjoyed your soup and dessert answers.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Ruthie said...

Ahh...see? I WANTED #11 to be incarnation, but it was missing that extra pesky n. No wonder.

Susanne said...

My kids are the same way about Grandma's house smell. It's a delicious and clean kind of smell.

I totally forgot to come back and do the scramble. Oh well, my brain probably couldn't have handled the pressure and it wouldn't have been pretty.

Melanie said...

Just to show you how stressed I am, when I saw the first word, I thought of "anestheisia" which doesn't even have all the same letters.

Linda said...

Oh ruthie--really? Gee, I had my hsusband chcke and re-chcke my spalling. Sorrry!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Poor little dog, but I understand the new word. Loved your salad. Right on the money. I remember the smell of Grandma's house. I so miss her too. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

marina said...

Linda, You sound just like me I am too stress out to think about me for chritmas just getting everthing ready is really stressful.. I am trying to let it go and just say to myself its all about Jesus,love,marina

Lois E. Lane said...

Yessssss...I want to kick "The Man Show" in the shins!

Michelle said...

Lol Linda!

I suppose you can't use spell check when your goal is to scramble!

Natalie said...

Your dessert is oh too true!

Susan said...

Awww...great feast Linda. I so agree with your dessert. And, yes ma'am...it's ALL about Jesus!!!

Hugs!

:-) Susan

Fresh Girl said...

Oh, poor Rebo! (Although I think I may have to appropriate that verb for my very own. ;)