Sunday, December 16, 2007

If you are feeling creative today but not so bakish, try whipping up this sock monkey dress for the office Christmas party. They'll simply go APE, darling. (What do you think this model is thinking? "I quit my teller job at First Bank in Terre Haute for THIS?") Her expression looks like shes trying to have a good attitude about being hazed.










Because it's snowing so badly we probably won't go to church, and because I was a part of the Ricky Bobby crowd this weekend at WalMart, this illustration is me today! Yes ... I'm actually going to have time to bake. Sort of. The plan is to make buckeyes, which technically, you do not bake. However, I have been known to make culinary mistakes of that magnitude. I want my 15 year-old to help me, but she is absolutely drowning in homework. I picked up her book bag on the way home from school Friday and just about fell over. So, I may ask her to take 15 minute breaks and help me, poor thing.



Here is said 15 year-old when she was about three. This is one of my favorite pics of all three kids. I believe she is sitting on a Fisher Price Doll House. (Fisher Price Little People: the #1 cause of bruised heels in American households.)

9 comments:

Heth said...

Enjoy being snowed in and happy baking to you!

marina said...

Your daughter is so cute!! they grow so fast and what is up with all these homework my son who is in 5k has home work too buy the time he will get to high school he will be burn out on home work they tell me at our school wait until 1st grade there is more homework!!

I love you in that picture baking!!LOL,marina

Roxanne said...

That is one scrumptious little girl. . .enjoy the white stuff. WE're still losing leaves in Houston--my neighbor's banana trees are just now starting to have leaves turn brown.

Dinah Soar said...

Can't believe it but I had that same wrapping paper a few years ago!! It was in my Victorian phase...still love Victorian, but the softer shabby chic romantic country style per se...hahaha...is that eclectic or what?

Fresh Girl said...

Awww, they just don't make Fisher Price Little People like they used to. I guess I'm going to have to buy the stuff I had on eBay for my sweet Thomas... the stuff they try to pass off as Little People today is nothing but junk.

But that's one cute little girl there. ;)

Cyndy said...

That dress!!! I like sock monkeys but really that is going a little overboard!
Hope you had fun baking today...we are expecting our snow this week. Daughter is ecstatic. (She's only 6, she hasn't had to shovel it or drive in it yet.)
Your daughter is adorable!

Susan said...

Awww....I love Buckeyes! And that picture is adorable.

Stay warm.

:-) Susan

Melanie said...

It dropped to 29 here today. We are all shivering. Wimps, I know.

Debbie said...

I'd have sworn Legos were the #1 cause of bruised heels......