Sunday, January 13, 2008

Meet My New-Found Spiritual BFF

Allow me to introduce you to Karl Barth (pronounced "Bart") or just "Karly," if you prefer, as I often refer to him. Today.

According to this very scentific and exacting quiz, my theological and ideological beliefs supposedly line up with Karl's like Gayle's does Oprah's.

Who knew? Too bad he died when I was six because I wasn't half as deep then as I am now. For instance, just today I was thinking, "Is there an Old Zealand?"

Anyway.

All I know is, I'm feeling very big about myself because apparently I have some Karl Barth-ish thoughts. I am very impressed with myself. In fact, I've just been sitting here being impressed with myself and myself's thoughts.

Another thing we (Karly and I) have in common is words. When Karl wrote his big important treatise, it came to nearly 6 million words in 13 volumes. Sorta like a few of my posts. Sympatico.

Since he died when I was six, there's so much I'll never know. For instance, I wonder if Karl liked to play Freerice.com and read The Far Side and listen to Hall and Oates. Would he have tossed popcorn and talked back to the movie screen ... would we have flipped through magazines together looking for the perfect hairstyle?

So without further a-do, shake hands with my new bud Karl, and then take the quiz yourself. Who's your new theological BFF?





Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Karl Barth

The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.


Karl Barth


93%

Augustine


93%

Anselm


80%

John Calvin


73%

Martin Luther


53%

Charles Finney


47%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


40%

Paul Tillich


33%

J├╝rgen Moltmann


27%

Jonathan Edwards


27%


11 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

O.K. I laughed when the results came out! How does a girl who is raised baptist have a spiritual BFF as John Calvin. I feel Schizophrenic! Too Funny!

Merrie said...

Oh my! I guess we are also bff... I'm also a Karly bff! We love yorkies and Karl! That settles it - we are sooooo bff! I'm sure that those are THE top criteria (sp?) for bff!

dcrmom said...

I'm Calvin.

Melanie said...

I was a Karl, too. That quiz really made me think!

PJ said...

Love your humor. I took the test also. Raised Pentecostal, Calvin came out as my Mentor. Hmmmm. Nearest I can tell because I believe in the Sovereignty of God. Go figure. It was, however, good to dust off the old "theology brain" and think a bit.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

I am Karly too. Anselm was next (need to look him up) then Calvin then Edwards. Wonder how you ended up with Calvin as 3 but Edwards at the bottom?

Some of those made me laugh, some of them made me go huh?

Susanne said...

Wow, I had to look up a couple of those words. ;v)

Martin Luther for me. Not sure what to think of that.

Debbie said...

I'm with Susanne - both Martin Luther and looking up a couple words!

Cyndy said...

Let's you, me and Karl go get some pizza and see a movie!
This really had me thinking....
I was really expecting Luther ;).

Teresa said...

I was Edwards (my results are on my blog). I had to do like a couple of others mentioned and look up some words! LOL I had my blog in one window and dictionary dot come in the other!

Ann said...

Marty for me! Cal was a close second.

For some reason I though that estachology word or eustacoholgy haha had something to do with hearing or ears, I think from the word "eustachian tube" which is a little part in the ear or something.

Do you ever feel like I sound like Sat. Night Live's Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy when I comment on your blog? I do...