Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Linda - from George!

Hello faithful readers of 2nd-cup-of-coffee! This is Linda’s husband, or “Jorge”, as I’ve seen her refer to me. Please forgive me for hijacking Linda’s blog and subjecting you to a post that comes nowhere near the great blogging quality you get from my super-talented wife on a daily basis. And, whatever you do, please read her Thursday Thirteen (I'm just a bit nervous displacing her post, if you haven't guessed.)

The purpose of my post, plain and simple, is to profess my total, lasting, increasing love for the blogger you’ve come to know and love. Yes, it’s a shameless attempt to try to impress her with a unique (at least for me) Valentine’s gift. Because that’s what I do – try to impress my sweetheart. Ever since I popped a piece of her ABC (already-been-chewed) gum in my mouth in Mrs. Ayers English class, and evoked a look of feigned disgust followed by the most beautiful, sweet, intoxicating smile I’ve ever seen, I have been on a quest.

You see, even then, I knew that smile was special and it was meant just for me. In that same class of our senior year, we began exchanging super-secret notes – secret because we were both ‘in other relationships’ as you might say now. I was overwhelmed that the classiest, most sophisticated, beautiful girl in the school would be interested in a low-life like me. Proof to a carnal, yet legalistic, Catholic boy, that God exists and he’s good!

If you check out her picture on this blog, you get a slight sense of what I mean. You already know she’s beautiful, talented, authentic, sensitive, passionate, compassionate, funny, sarcastic (northern?), profound, goofy, loving, ... in a word 'wonderful'.

But, until you win and experience that special smile, you just won’t know the Linda I know.

So after 26 years, the quest continues. Nothing thrills my heart like a special smile from the sweet girl of my past, present and future. God is really good.

I could go on and on and on. I’m afraid, though, that each word is jeopardizing the readership numbers, which puts me at risk of losing my quest!

So … Happy Valentine’s Day, Linda! If you haven’t guessed, I love you!

26 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Aww!!! How totally sweet!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Marsha said...

Aww!!! that's going to be the word of the day in your comments Linda! What a sweet and inventive gift!

BeverlyDru said...

A woman who is cherished is rich indeed. Now we know this beautiful, talented, authentic woman is rich too. Wow!

Deven said...

Two thumbs up for love. :)

Susan said...

That's just downright SWEET! Linda, you ARE so loved. I hope you both have a wonderful Valentines Day!

:-) Susan

Debbie said...

WOW! How creative and thoughtful.

George, In the language of all good knights - "good form".

Darlene R. said...

oh.my.goodness. How sweet is that?!
What an incredibly wonderful hubby.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Fran said...

Well...if he isn't the sweetest thing ever!!! What a sweet guy you have. happy vday to all!

hugs~

T said...

That's very nice... now go out and buy a nice piece of jewelry to top it off right. :)

(that one's for you Linda!)

Susanne said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I'll bet she lets you hijack her blog anyday, George!

Ann said...

Okay now that is really awesome! It's every girl's dream to be cherished. What a beautiful post! Happy Valentine's Day to you both <3

marina said...

Linda, You are so bless!!! Hear I come to wish you a Happy Valentine's day and what a post from your husband!!
Ok I have my Valentine song all pick out "as tiem goes by a kiss is still a kiss" and here you come with all those cool songs!! love,
marina

Teresa said...

That was a very creative Valentine's gift, and incredibily sweet!

Jen said...

Very sweet and romantic.....he is a keeper.

samurai said...

\o/ That is awesome... even if you did hijack her blog! Way to go!

Laura said...

Awww...You, my friend, are truly blessed!

Cindy Swanson said...

Ok, this is just the sweetest, most romantic thung EVER. What a beautiful tribute to a lady that many of us also love! You did good, Mr. Linda.

Sing4joy said...

*sighs and wipes tears* AWWWW! Pass the chocolate! That was the best romance novel I have EVER read. Why? Because it is real. Husbands all over planet earth are scrambling to figure out how to grow up and be just like yours! May God continue to bless your marriage.

Heth said...

Ten points for Linda's husband!

BethAnne said...

Just precious!

Roxanne said...

What a wonderful, guy. . .and gal. :)

annie's eyes said...

We always knew you had good taste, so...there you go. He's a keeper. Happy Valentine's Day. annie

Julie said...

And all the women bloggers said, "Sigh."

What a sweet post!

PJ said...

Aaaaw!! He's a keeper!

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a sweet Valentines gift! You rock Jorge!!!! She is special!

Chris said...

Awwwwwwww....melting heart! How lovely/wonderful/amazing/thrilling/extraordinary to read a love proclamation from a happily married man...This really made my night! I'm so glad there are men like you AND my sweet husband out there! Keep it up, awesome men!