Friday, February 22, 2008

Honorable Mention and a Poem to Commemorate the Doo-Dah Moment

The Write-Away Contest hosted by Scribbit

I am the recipient of the Honorable Mention award for the Write-Away contest at Scribbit. It was the post about my brother. This is a doo-dah moment. I can't help it.


Picking Up My Kid From School on a Snowy Afternoon

Whose van this is I think I know.
It’s covered up with freaking snow;
Though you can’t see me shoveling here
I’m tromping through more freaking snow.
My little dog must think it queer
I think she cried a single tear,
Between the fall and winter slush
She’s been inside for half a year.
We do not grill but Shake-n-Bake
My friend’s tan is totally fake
The only other sound's the scrape
Of ice on windows and pumping brakes.
The vehicles are sliding, the horns, they beep
And since it’s getting really deep
I’m glad I do not drive a Jeep

My minivan I’m forced to keep.

My minivan I’m forced to keep.


16 comments:

Sing4joy said...

Laughing all the way. Fun poem!

Darlene R. said...

Don't I know it! I am so done with freaking snow!

Melanie said...

Frost would be proud.

Ashton said...

Hi, thank you for dropping by my blogspot! And for your sweet comments! Allison

Susanne said...

LOL! That is quite the snow you're getting. Poor Zoe. All that snow would just swallow her right up. She still does an adorable pose for the camera, though.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

LOVE this! Stopping By Woods is one of my favorite Frost poems (is that trite? I don't care! I love it!) and this is one of the best send-ups I have read on it. Too fun.

annie's eyes said...

Is there music that accompanies these lyrics? Like maybe a fiddle? I think you missed your calling. You should write country songs--or maybe you just did--except anyone south of the Mason Dixon can't relate to the foreign white veil. But I swear with the repeat last line, you're REALLY close. Congratulations on the writers award. I keep sayin'...Always a good read. Still smiling, annie

Mocha with Linda said...

That is hilarious! Love it!

Joni said...

Love it! You're a poet and didn't know it.

dcrmom said...

LOL! Love it!

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on your win! And love that poem. I am glad we don't get much snow here in SC.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Teri said...

Zoe is very cute!

"My mini van I'm forced to keep"...
HILARIOUS.

BTW, me too.:(

So, was this the post full of controversy? (Because I just might be offended at the double use of the word "freaking")

totally freaking kidding!

Have a great Saturday!

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

We are supposed to be outside on a soccer field with 11 year olds next weekend. HA!

~~Kelley

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

That is just too funny...

You have too much talent...

Tammy said...

So cute! (Your poem AND Zoe!)
Congratulations on winning!

And forget about Robert Frost...Dave Barry would be so proud! :D

Macromoments said...

Linda, you crack me up. I faintly remember that poem from fourth grade, but your rearrangement made me forget its name somewhere between the Shake-n-Bake and your friend's fake tan.