Saturday, February 23, 2008

No, This is Not the Controversial Post

This is the MUFA post, part 2.

In 1928, Herbert Hoover said Americans should have "a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage."

In 2008, Barack Obama said Americans should have "a MUFA at every meal."

OK, he didn't say that. But I thought you'd get all excited and hope-filled like every 23 year-old in America if I said that he said it.

Instead of listening to me babble, maybe you should just go look at this quick clip from the Rachael Ray show.

I am ready to MUFAtize my life. To have a MUFAmorphosis. Proof: I bought the five MUFAs today and plan to implement them immediately. Yes, I am aware that I bought twice as much chocolate as anything else. What's it to ya?

Sorry, I'm just a little cranky due to the maniacs in the background. Pay them no mind; they are just saying "Hi." (I wish.) You know, they're actually nice-looking kids when they're not making maniacal faces. Actually, they are just trying to thwart this endeavor, as is their habit when it comes to anything their mom is serious about.

And I'm serious about this. Seer-ous-ly serious.

9 comments:

PJ said...

I must go shopping...and never mind those maniacal grins. When they have a serious chocolate pang, they'll come begging for kisses!!! (Those are DARK CHOCOLATE kisses???)

Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) said...

You've totally gotten me into this MUFA business. I've been doing it for the last few days. Still need to get some olives, though.

I'll let you know as soon as I can zip my pants.....

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

Good luck with this diet! I keep thinking I will get serious when the weather gets nicer (it is snowing again tonight!). Meanwhile, I find myself walking around in a nightgown that resembles Bea Arthur in the old "Maude" program. I'm afraid I can even feel my thighs rubbing together. Oh, I hope you find that this diet works, I need something fast!

~~Kelley

marina said...

that chocolate looks good from hear!! and its dark MMMMM!!
ingore those 2over there and let us knowh how you do.marina

annie's eyes said...

Who couldn't love the whole concept of "mufatizing"--might be a new word for the new diet that has all of blogworld abuzz!I love each one of those--from another apple tart

Mommy, the Human Napkin said...

Only ONE avocado? I could eat half a dozen in one sitting, but I think that might defeat the purpose. Haha! Sliced avocado sprinkled with lemon juice and a dusting of salt and pepper is my favorite, but guacamole is awesome, too.

But on a serious note, due to some not-so-good family news this past week (I blogged about it), I've been modifying my diet and making plans for the next trip to the grocery store. Need to stock up on olives again. The kids ate all the last jar.

Mocha with Linda said...

I can tell you're serious... as serious as a heart attack. :-)

Merrie said...

Yummmmmm... I could eat every bit of that in one sitting. I love them all. Maybe I NEED to be an apple!.... Does banana with a belly count as apple????

Melanie said...

I am eating almonds now. I was a little miffed when my husband took them with him to the computer. (He doesn't know WHY I have almonds.)