Thursday, March 27, 2008

Friday's Feast

Feast One Hundred & Eighty Five
For March 28th, 2008

Appetizer

What does the color dark green make you think of?

Avocados, my new love. I have the easiest, best guac recipe from my friend, Leslie (srsly!):

4 very ripe avocados
1 t. salt
4 t. lemon juice
1 t. chili powder
3 T. chopped onion
Chopped tomatoes (2 small romas OR 1/2 can well-drained diced tomatoes)

Mix, leave in one pit to delay discoloration, cover, refrigerate at least 1 hour. Devour like a madwoman when no one is looking so that you can't be judged by others.

Soup

How many cousins do you have? Not that many.

Salad

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you? Absolutely 10!!! (yeah ... no.) Oh good grief; there is so much pressure here. I'll say ... 8. Not that I'm only telling the truth 8 out of 10 times, though!

Main Course

Name something that is truly free.

Lots of things are free to a taker, but a giver has first paid a price. (How am I so deep?) Even the remains of the shredded documents at work are worthless enough to be considered free (say, for packing boxes of breakables) to most people, but somebody paid for the paper in the first place, and the machine to shred, and then paid the multi-talented virtuoso of a secretary to shred them with finesse and grace. And that is my essay on "The Remains of the Day."

Dessert

Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.

No. I will write a poem:

Spring
Produce ripens
It's never glum
Why can't I be a plum?

19 comments:

Rach said...

cool poem :-)

Shannon said...

I like your poem too!

MoodyBlue said...

Such
Pretty
Roses
In
Nicole's
Garden

I don't know who Nicole is..first name I could think of. LOL

Marsha said...

Your recipe sounds terrific. I'll have to try it! Love the poem!

You can find my feast here:

http://justme1947.blogspot.com/2008/03/friday-feast-185.html

Melanie said...

Yeah, why can't I be a plum? I am tired of being an apple.

Linda said...

First, I love your blog design! Great poem! Have a great Friday!

Reba said...

ROFL. I so love your Feast! It's the best.

Alice
I Was Born2Cree8

Reba
Reba’s Run

annie's eyes said...

Poetry and depth...I knew I liked you. I do like your thought that nothing is really free. Like my parents used to say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Happy Friday, Linda. Love, A

annie's eyes said...

Poetry and depth...I knew I liked you. I do like your thought that nothing is really free. Like my parents used to say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Happy Friday, Linda. Love, A

Susan said...

I'm absolutely loving that poem!! This was a fun feast Linda. Hope you have a fantastic weekend.

:-) Susan

Susanne said...

Wow, you write poetry too?! What other talents are you hiding?

I luuurve guacamole! Rarely make because I'll eat the whole thing by myself.

Linda said...

Yeah, I'm all artsy like that. I have to unleash my talents very slowly so as not to overwhelm the earth.

Guacamole?! OH, we are sympatico once again!

Mocha with Linda said...

Second
Pot
Ramblings
Illustrate
Notable
Genius.

mamichelle said...

Love your poem.

Make up a batch of your delish guacamole (one of my favs) and come on over & join me for a margarita! LOL

Heth said...

I'm not judging you for your guac consumption if you won't judge me for my Cadbury Caramel egg consumption.

Shhh, don't tell. No one has to know.

Darlene R. said...

Ok, I have to be honest with you. When I read this post I was like, "Wha?" Has Linda fallen off her rocker? What on earth is this?

THEN this afternoon I came back over here and I actually clicked on the Friday Feast button and whadayaknow, I am in the dark no longer!

Go ahead and laugh, I can take it. :)

Laane said...

Great feast, nice blog, good poem.

You can find my feast at:

Laane on the World

Have a great weekend.

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

You kill me...

I love avocado's...too...

ok.. now did you finish the Shack.. gotta see what you think..
It was one of the best books I have ever read.. I loved it.. it's one of those that I could read again...
there is another one along those lines that i'm just starting.. called He Loves Me by Jacobsen...

Jacq said...

We have the same salad :) My feast is here: http://justmyscrap.com/?p=1450 come join me :)