Saturday, March 29, 2008

Scoring Some Major Textileage

I have not bought any clothes since January. Re-read that sentence.

That hiatus is like a "personal-best" record in self-control for me. No--mild exaggeration is not enough here; this milestone calls for mega-hyperbole: Not buying any clothes since January makes me the High Queen of Restraint.

But today, all not-buying of clothing will go the same way as not-eating any food after 6 pm--out the springtime window.

High School Daughter and I are gonna blaze some trails in "Indian-aplis," as my mom calls it, to score some major textileage.

My goal? Wide-leg jeans. I'll be sure to report back.

First stop?




Yessss!!!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh! I hope you have so much fun with your daughter an much success finding those wide leg jeans and everything else Clinton Kelly would approve of! ~Carol (throws like a girl)

PJ said...

You go girl!! Shop 'til you drop...it's my motto.....But I to do something in the restrain department...Hmmm. I wonder how long I could go?

Debbie said...

I'm jealous! I still have Christmas $ left on a N.Y.& Co. gift card. Happy shopping and here's hoping you'll find lots of perfect fits.

Heth said...

Now THAT is going to be some good times. Can't wait to hear about the loot you are about to score. Make Clinton proud.

Clinton Kelly, not the other ones....

Ann said...

Yay! I hope you two had a great time and found a really awesome place to have lunch! (and found those jeans you were looking for!)

I can't WAIT till the day comes when my daughter and I can go shopping together.

MoodyBlue said...

Hope you had fun shopping! I haven't bought anything in awhile too. I ordered 2 pairs of jeans via online & when they came I didn't realize they were hipsters...I need waisters. LOL! Which reminds me, I never did send them back.

Ruthie said...

Let me know how NY & Co works out for you. I need some good jeans news. I have been searching for trouser jeans ever since your post about them many eons ago.

Susanne said...

Oh, Girl!! I knew there was a reason I felt such a "connection" with you. I LOVE NY&C!!! It's a standard bday and Christmas gift-card purchase for my parents/hubby! Rock on with your fashionably "bad" self!!