Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Shopping Re-Cap

And a good time was had by all. Even Jorge the Husband enjoyed our day in Indy by sitting and reading Anna Karenina while Daughter and I shopped.

By the way, why doesn't anyone name their daughter "Karen" anymore? And what about "Karenina?" She could go by "Karen" or "Nina." But I don't recommend "Leonid Tolstoy" for boys. You know that some joker would call him "Nid" instead of "Leo."

And by the other way, why does every name in Tolstoy's novels end in "vich?" I mean, yeah, it's Russian, but is that their only suffix for surnames?

It was a successful trip. I purchased two pairs of wide-leg jeans for the price of one: SCORE! One is regular dark denim, and one is a sort of shinier, even darker dressy denim, which I LOVE (Hello, "What Not to Wear" trouser jeans. I'll smooch you when no one is looking.) And I bought two blouses on sale at B. Moss, probably my favorite store. I did buy something at New York and Co. because I had $20.00 off, but I ended up returning what I bought before we came home. A girl has a right to change her mind, even when the "girl" is 45.

Daughter found some things, too, but really, when every single thing looks cute on you, is that much to crow about? Anyway, she is a very happy camper.

And here is how much Jorge loves us. Tolstoy's great-great grandson visited our public library today, and we had planned to go and say, "Hi, Tolstoy's great-great grandson-ovich!" (Wow, that's dicey.) But Jorge didn't want to disappoint Daughter, so he sacrificed for us.

My love for my new jeans is only surpassed by my love for Jorge.

Daughter says this is my Full House Michelle, "You Got It, Dude" pose.

*Warning: Clothing objects in picture are more attractive than they appear. Human is about the same, however.

20 comments:

Susanne said...

That is one grat outfit. Certainly worthy of the "after" part of what not to wear!

Maybe I should have gone shopping with you. After a dozen shirts and a half dozen pants tried on I came home with nothin'.

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

First of all let me commend you for your 2 month shopping hiatus. Was it intentional or an accident because I'm not sure I could do that!
My husband took my 15yr. old and I shopping a couple of weeks ago during Spring break. She and I shopped while he watched basketball at a bar & grill. It was the perfect scenario for all of us! Shopping with teens keeps your mind fresh if nothing else,HA!
Finally, you look maaavalus! Love the outfit! We are so gonna be stylin in NC.

Have a good one,
Kelley

Ruthie said...

Love the jeans! Where did you find them?

A Stone Gatherer said...

Very nice outfit, and how nice of Jorge to sacrifice!! Friday I found a Leopard Dress (I lvo leopard!) for only $5.90 at Kohl's, 90% off! I love a good deal!

Marmee said...

UR one chic chick! I guess I need to step into the 21st century and buy me some new jeans now. I (((heart))) the top!

Mocha with Linda said...

You are way too (1) chic (2) cute
(3) young looking.

Sigh. I haven't bought any clothes in a while. I even have birthday money left over, but there's way too much of me lately that is fearfully and wonderfully made.

PJ said...

Love the jeans!!! I'm with Susanne, they are worthy of the "after" of WNTW. Great top too! Very "with it".

Susan said...

Well, well, well...I'd say "you done good!" I love shopping in Indy! Maybe I can swing through there on my way to MI this summer and we can shop some!

Hugs,

:-) Susan

P.S. My favorite thing to do is to go to Circle Center in downtown and let the kids play in the arcade while I shop. But then I like the mall in Cary as well.

Melanie said...

Love the Michelle caption.

BTW- I just saw in the sidebar. Published!? CONGRATS!!

Marmee said...

Hi again. I guess you it could appear to those who don't know from my blog that I might step down from blogging. But actually we might move to the midwest. My husband has another call to another church, hence, should we stay or should we go!! I didn't want to blog about our call because it is upsetting to some people, family and friends. So, how could you know!!?

I almost gave up on the ol' blog a few months ago. But, it's fun, so I'll keep it for now. I REALLY love your blog. You are up to date and hip and fresh and in my age bracket to boot!! Proving that we can dress hip and not embarrass our teenage daughters.

Suzio said...

Cute jeans, and you're lucky to be married to a husband that's such a good sport on a shopping trips!

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

You just kill me...

I love the outfit.. I am looking for a shirt that is made that way BUT... doesn't make me look pregnant. I do well with that on my own...


sounds like a great day

marina said...

love the jeans ! where did you fine them? marin

Heth said...

Good job! Looks like it was a success.

Ann said...

You look GREAT, Linda! I'm glad you had a fun day :)

MoodyBlue said...

The jeans look great and I love the top!

Sharon @ Little Lessons said...

What a cool hubby you have ;-)

oh and cool clothes too!!!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Ok, love the top!!

Let me share some of my vast and impressive knowledge with you. Ne ready to be blown away.

I learned this from my friend who lived in Prague (not Skippy, another one). If you notice, most Czech or Polish women have names that end in ova, eg, Paulina Porizkova, Martina Navratilova, etc. That's because when a girl child is born, she takes her dad's last name and adds Ova to it. Like, your son would go by Crow, but your daughters would be Crowova. Catchy, huh? I think it is interesting that it is Ova for the women, which means egg...

Anyway, I have no clue but I wonder if something like that goes on in Russian as well.

Teri said...

You so rock!

I can't wear trouser jeans because I am short. I have not found a pair that looks good yet...but I still try tham on! What would they say about that on WNTW?

You look fabulous though, Clinton might be asking YOU for fashion advise soon! You know, since he is crushing on you and all.

Jodie said...

Yayyyy for trouser jeans. I've been coveting some for a looong time. They look great on everybody. I need me some of that. :)

Queen of Restraint indeed. :) I totally feel you on that. I haven't shopped in months either, so I feel your pain - the pain that used to be yours. ;)

You look great!! Lovin' the new threads. ;)