Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tiday's Tidbits & Easter Photos

Today (I accidentally typed "tiday" and then corrected it but realized that's how we actually say it around here.) I will be in an all-staff meeting at church. They're sort of fun, but I am swamped at work, and since I am part-time, this will cut out a huge chunk of my work week, so I'll be struggling to catch up. This week is also my monthly newsletter week, where we send out the Oneighty schedule to all of our volunteers (God be praised for volunteers!), plus I have my regular duties. Just a little stressful.

Sunday night, Oneighty had "Green Fore Green" night, where all of the kids received a free green cupcake, a Mt. Dew (I typed "Mr. Dew," but that is not how we say it around here.) and one chance at a $100 hole-in-one on an elaborate putt-putt green with hills and water, etc. They also had a live band "Ohio Avenue," and a cash cage filled with balloons containing money, which a couple of kids got to get in and pop balloons for so many seconds. And, we gave away small prizes like boxes of Lucky Charms. My boss's message was, "The Most Important Question: Who is Jesus to You?" There were about 380 kids there.

Let's see ... what else ... Jorge is traveling today. The college kids are safely back at school. High School Girl finished a video with three friends last night for an English project today regarding the novel Jacob Have I Loved. They did one of those novel-in-five-minute projects; it's supposed to be humorous. I went to a book study last night and will go to another tonight.

But guess what's in the back of my mind? American Idol. I am a shallow person indeed.

Here's a blast from the past for Easter.














I am sure someone forced me to pose like this. (Not. I was a ham.) Either Easter-hamming it up or giving thanks for the tons of chocolate of which I'm about to partake.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

I love your old pictures. The one on the bottom reminds me of one of myself. Will see if I can dig it out from under Kodak Mountain.

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow. You must have had the same camera my parents did. Those square pictures with the white borders cracked me up.

And did your hats have the elastic under the chin that chooked or snapped you?!

And how long did it take the white dot to disappear on YOUR tv when you turned it off?!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I am shallow right along with you today! :) Deep is overrated.

Susanne said...

Love those cute Easter outfits complete with hat and white gloves. Brings back lots of memories.

Merrie said...

What fun... old Easter pictures showing just how much parents dearly love us!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Great pictures. Looks like you were destined to be a star.

And as a former youth worker, may I just say -- way to go on the Sunday night event? I hope it impacted many lives.

marina said...

Love the pictures I have the same ones ,however I was rasied calothic so I had a white tiny vail on my head and ,the mass was in latin and my younger sister and I where bored so we would fine things to laugh about in mass the kind of laugh you can't laugh out lound kind of thing,,, our parents would get so upset with us and give us that "LOOK!!.But we where only 8 and 5 we didn't know Latin. marina

Teri said...

I like the part about work being busy. I like the pictures. I like that the college kids are all back where they belong and high school girl & her film...but...

The paragraph about the youth ministry...that got my heart beating a little faster. I love youth! You have SUCH a cool job!

Also, I am shallow today all the way. It is 2:05 in the afternoon and I just put on my sweats and hoodie...no better time than the present to get comfy...even if AI isn't on for another 6/7 hours. I am nothing if not efficient.

MoodyBlue said...

I have AI in the back of my mind too. I keep thinking..hmm? What are my favorites going to sing? Will Simon & Ryan continue with their childish banter back & forth? Will Amanda smile? (Did I just say that?) I have something else funny that I think about. I keep thinking that Jason is going to lose a dread during a performance. He said he lost one at the dinner table with a date that one time...can you imagine if he lost one during his singing?

Faith said...

LOL guess I am shallow too because my whole tuesday revolves around AI! HAH...seriously, as soon as I get home from the ballet studio with my youngest we sit right down to dinner, a shower, and then read until 8!!
Love the pics.
The youth group event sounds fantastic!

Kimberly said...

The photo of you in simple white dress with blue ribbon belt below the waist is almost exactly like one of my Easter pix :-) It was the first time I was allowed to pick my own dress and I went for the plainest one I could find -- absolutely hated frills at that age -- but it was so hard to find anything without at least a little lace.
But I'm pretty sure I had white patent leather shoes instead of black. I remember always having white patent leather for Easter. Along with a little matching purse, a hat, and gloves. Oh, and when younger, frilly white underwear, too (the kind with rows of ruffles on the behind?). Ah, the very height of fashion!

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

I love the furniture in the background! This could have been me, except I had dark hair cut like a boy. It took years before I discovered the true meaning of Easter wasn't a new hat, shoes and handbag! (it isn't, right?). LOL.
BTW~I spoke with Prov. 31 this week and we are set for the 3 of us if that is still OK! I can't wait!

Take care~~~Kelley

Carol said...

I'm watching AI for the first time in a long time tonight. I need to pick my faves - haven't done it yet. I really must to get my priorities in order.

Ann said...

That youth event sounds like it was tons of fun! I really really hope we find a home church that is healthy like yours.

Mr. Dew makes me think of the days when Mr. Pibb was around. Now it's Pibb Xtra, and any teenager working at Burger King or wherever gives me a HUH? look when I ask for Mr. Pibb. Then I correct and say Pibb Xtra. Or just Pibb.

Susan said...

I'm sure if I look really hard, you'll be in my Easter photos somewhere, cause we were almost dressed like twins on more than one occasion.

Sounds like you've been busy.

Susan