Saturday, April 19, 2008

Post-Pourri

Many of you (a-hem) have asked where I got those last wide-leg jeans I purchased a couple of weeks ago, which are the cat's mee-yoww. The answer: Macy's. And no, my close, personal friend who emailed me, Clinton Kelly, did not influence me to buy them there. Not very much. But did you know that his picture is up inside their dressing rooms? I have to tell you that for me, that's bordering on inapprorpriateness, now that we're close personal friends and all.

Secondly, the blouses I purchased at B. Moss, my favorite store. As we said in the 70s, "B. Moss is tuff." So was Kurt Russell.

Next, approximately that same number of "many of you" asked for the recipe to my drug of choice, the chocolate-peanut buttah-oatmeal no-bakes. So I'monna give it to y'all, in the voice of Pawla Deen:



Melt yaself 1/2 c. buttah or 1/2 c. mahgarine.

Ay-udd:
1/4 c. cocoa
2 c. white sugah
1/2 c. milk

Stir well.

Boll 3 minutes at a rollin' boll.

Rahmove from heat.

Ay-udd ya some:

1/2 c. peanut buttah
1 t. vanilla
a pinch of sawlt
3 c. quick-cookin' oats

Stir well.

Drop onto foll or wax papah to cool.

Enjowy!! Ah-HAHAHAHAHA!

Gotta love the Paulas:










Finally,
I'm honored to showcase the award given to me by Marsha at Just Me, who was born and bred in my hometown of Muncie, Indiana, but ditched us, forcing us to deal with the likes of Erik Estrada and La Toya Jackson on Armed and Famous without her. That's OK, Marsh, I still have the Munsonian love for ya. I don't deserve the award, but then--I'm a taker, so says my husband, (it's true) so thank you, Marsha. Please continue to share a 2nd cup with your old homie.

13 comments:

Darlene R. said...

I love the southern "accent"!
Thanks for the recipe.

The poster in the dressing room would definately border on inappropriate. Next time take something to cover his eyes with. Maybe that will help! And I'm sure nobody would think that was strange at all~~ :)

cajunquilter said...

Congrats on the award!

marina said...

cograts on the award!!
now that you told us where you got those jeans could you please email me or tell what brand they are I have been looking for a new pair and can't fine a thing to wear last year I drop 20 pounds so all my old jeans are big and now I need knew ones.since you know I am a mom and all sometimes I have to look good in a pair of jeans other than my wrok out colthes or summer skirts. marina

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I must say, Linda, your Southern is very good for a Northerner. I felt like I was reading "Gone with the Wind" with the recipe.

Sarah said...

Congrats..you are E for Excellent!

Susanne said...

Congrats on the award. And you do so deserve it! Especially since you can even write with a southern drawl. I learn something new about you all the time.

Clinton in the dressing room would creep me out a bit.

Mocha with Linda said...

Great stuff.

And I bet you "helped" Macy's and took C.K. home to save other women the embarassment, right?!

Sarah said...

Since I'm from the part of Georgia that Paula hails from I gotta commend your written Southern drawl. And yes... people from Southwest Georgia really do tawlk lak thi-yus.

Melanie said...

OKAY.

Sad Observation-

I read the Paula Language Recipe very, very quickly.

Drawl is the Southerner's Pig Latin.

Robin said...

Cute, I could "hear" this the way you wrote it. And...HAVE YOU ENTERED THE CONTEST to win a trip to NYC to MEET Paula and take part in a Paula's Party taping??? I share this only because I'd like to DECREASE my chances of winning :/. I'm crazythoughtful that way ;).

Robin @ PENSIEVE

Roxanne said...

Oh, you crack me up.

Roxanne said...

And your southernese was perfect except it SHOULD have read "stir way-yull."

BrownEyedGirl-- said...

Ha, I've BEGGED my sister to enter me on What Not to Wear... because I could be their friend (after they transform me of course)!

I just got 2 pairs of awesome jeans from Macy's too... and 3 from the Gap. I was sorta in a jean crunch. As in, I crunched all my jeans up and threw them away because they made me angry so I needed something to wear on my lower half.