Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Stirrings at It Coulda Been Worse


I'm doing a recipe thing at Saturday Stirrings.

In the words of Dr. Pearl in Waiting for Guffman (Eugene Levy): LOOK OUT!


Serving suggestions: Do not add lids from cans, ants, entire spoons, totally wrong ingredients. None of these work out well. Trust me.


Greek Salad

Pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

1 chopped green pepper

2 diced cucumbers

4-6 oz. sugar snap peas or snow peas sliced in half

1 can black olives, drained

1/2 container of Athenos feta cheese

1/2 large red onion chopped

1 pkg. Great Seasonings Herb and Garlic Dressing prepared per directions (or Italian or Greek dressing in bottle)

Mix all together and refrigerate for a couple of hours at least. Better if it marinates over night.

6 comments:

Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) said...

I am so proud of you. My heart overfloweth. You are even using Feta Cheese.

I'm wiping tears from my eyes.

Jessica said...

Goodness sakes! Are you ever up early!?!

I love Greek salad, but I don't like feta--I know, which begs the question, do I really love Greek Salad? Anyway. Do you have a replacement you'd recommend?

Melanie said...

I love Greek anything. I think Guffman was Greek...

a soldier's wife said...

sounds wonderful :)

Thanks so much for your kind comments :)

Grace said...

I love your notes before the recipe. Ah yes...the stories we can share...

Linda said...

Sounds pretty yummy :)

Hi Linda,
My mom was into comic book names so she decided to give me a double LL name ~ Linda Lei... too funny.
Thanks for asking about our church plant. It is going well. We have learned a lot in the last few years. Las Vegas is a different kind of place. We are loving it anyway. We meet once a week in a Messianic Jewish Congregation. They are gracious enough to let us rent their facilities on Sunday mornings:)Everything else that we do is pretty much in our home. Land is so expensive here. Only God knows when we will get our own building.