Tuesday, May 06, 2008

AI Re-Cap 05.06.08

Doin' a bit of a "live blogging" here ... slight time delay ... must get glasses and snack ... OK, all set.

Ok, so this will be written haphazardly in phrases and grunts because it's LIVE, just like AI. Woot!

Does anyone else think that Jason's dreds look even longer and thicker this week? Can that be possible?

And I notice that Syesha has kept her longer (extended) style. I like this hair better; the other reminded me of a cartoon character.

So, you DC fans, did you like the Duran Duran song? I knew that you would. One thing I noticed is that David seemed to be very stationary, not moving around or getting into the entertainment portion of the performance. I think that made it seem less energy-driven. But I know you loved it.

Uh-oh. Paula's "Boys Club" joke just kind of bombed.

Syesha has "the hippy hippy shakes." She's brave to take on Tina Turner, no? I didn't like it so much (Team Simon), but I think whenever she can "pretend" to be someone else, that is, take on a role or be theatrical, she shines.

My phone is ringing. Who in his right mind is calling this household when AI is on? Must be an alien from Planet Out-of-Touch.

Daughter is on the sofa texting fast and furious enough that if she were in a forest, she could potentially start a fire. She is using half her allowance to pay for unlimited texting. She is in heaven right now.

I'm really irritated because primary election returns are being shown at the bottom of the screen. I need to see the swaying hands! Where are the hands?! Coupla funny names in the returns: "Hippie Joe" Stockett and Bryan "Foxy" Fox and Pierre Pullins. Only in Indiana.

Oh Jason. IMHO, you shot the song, dawg. I agree with Paula that he interacted with the audience. That's what I was talking about when I implied David seemed to phone it in.

Li'l David, it's time to shine. Let's see whatcha got. There are a lot of lyrics in this ... don't blow it, David ... Woo! He nailed it! Yes!

I'm snacking on Sam's Choice Cajun Trail Mix. It's a blend of spicy peanuts, toffee peanuts, sesame sticks, toasted corn, honey sesame sticks and almonds. And something like Trail mix Crack because I can't stop. My crunching is blocking out "Teenage Wasteland." And I don't care that much.

Paula wants more David Cook; I want more trail mix.

Hillary is ahead of Obama in Indiana, in case you're interested. You see, here at 2nd Cup, I offer cutting-edge political developments along with food and entertainment reviews. Yep, it's the whole package here at 2nd Cup.

ROUND TWO!

Syesha looks lovely. I think she did really, really well.

Have I told you lately that I miss Chikezie?

Jason's goin' with another Bob song. I. am. scared.

With good reason. Na-na-na-na, hmm, hmmm. Oh, shoot. This is all Simon's fault. If Jason cries, I will stop eating trail mix for a while and cry, too.

Are you all getting as tired of these same commercials during AI as I am?

"Love Me Tender" was the bomb-diggity. And he has probably never even had a date. David "The Crusher" Archuleta.

Dude, I totally said "The Crusher" before Ryan did. I did!

Going? No brainer: Jason
Voting?: 1-866-idols-08

What do you think?

18 comments:

Melanie said...

I just made homemade trail mix for teacher appreciaton week! You want some? It's not Cajun...

I thought Lil David rocked. I just hope they don't ruin him.

Sigh

Lelia Chealey said...

I loved this live blogging! Thought it was funny when Simon actually sided with Screw loose Paula. And when Paula stood up. She's so entertaining. Somehow it works though because I actually wiped a tear! Weird. Luckily my son or husband didn't see it cuz I'd never hear the end of it. I blame hormones.
Sam's trail mixes are the best...in the Cajun I have one thing I love & pick out~drives Gene nuts. :)
Great minute by minute...do it this every week if you can. That was fun.

Darlene R. said...

I so appreciated this post because I was doing the mom thing tonight and missed AI because I was at a PTO meeting! Here's the good news though, I managed to get off the PTO board~~ I'm so sad about that, OR maybe I'm not! ;)

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Aren't you getting bored? Bring back Carly, even Brooke. I'm starting to not care so much. I think one of the Davids will win. Poor Jason! Syesha's tears may keep her in another week.

Teri said...

What do I think? I think every time I come here I smile. That makes me happy. Thank you.

Oh and AI...I heart DC. But only in the AI/television/singing way...because I really heart Butchie, he's an unknown. :)

Kelley said...

I will miss Jason. There is just something carefree about his attitude that is entertaining. How can you look at him and not just crack up? Plus he REALLY gets under Simon's skin which makes it even funnier...

You have outdone yourself with this post. You have covered food, politics, teenagers, entertainment...I think you should win some kind of an award for all of that!

Linda Vujnov said...

I like Syeesha's hair short and curly. That trail mix sound devine...utterly!

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Ha! You're so perceptive. :) I totally thought Jason's dreds were definitely thicker this week. How did that happen????
Pretty sure he's going home, too.

HisPrincess said...

What an absolute crack up! We won't get American Idol here until some ridiculous hour of the morning but I won't need to worry now! Your version was way more entertaining!
I know its very unpatriotic of me,but I prefer American Idol to Australian. You have more entertaining judges.

marina said...

I miss the whole thing since my hubby was glue to the whole primary election political thing.
I wonder what how it"s going end up. (Only God knows),marina
ps. sorry these had nothing to do with AI but I did miss it and love it last week!!

Lorrie said...

David Cook's second song was. the. bomb.

So good, y'all.

He's gonna win this season and like you, I predict Jason Castro is goin' home tonight. And I'm wavin' bye-bye with a gleeful look on my face.

Mocha with Linda said...

What do I think?

You are one hilarious Idol-obssessed woman.

dcrmom said...

I'm sorry, but I just can NOT get behind David A. Just. Can't. DO IT.

I missed half the show. Missed both of David Cook's performances. DANG.

Faith said...

Jason is definitely leaving. We wish Syesha had done worse....but...hey..we miss Carly...it was so good to see her sitting behind Paula though!
Your blog always makes me smile!!

Seized by Hope said...

At the completion of Jason's second song my 3 year old sits up and announces...

"He's Toast".

Out of the mouth of babes.

PJ said...

You are so funny!! I don't even watch AI...it's soooo much better just getting the review on your blog...Maybe AI should pay you to NOT blog?????

MoodyBlue said...

You are right, I LOVED David Cook's song. See, you know me so well ;)

I loved both songs...but if I had to pick one I liked "Baba O'Reilly" better.

Um, Jason...he sure did shoot the song. Oya!!!!!!!

By the way, I would love more David Cook too. Hehehe

The boards are all saying that Jason took whatever Paula is normally on. (so bad!!..but I'm just the messenger)

Mmmm the trail mix sounded yummy!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Concert in Indy on July 22nd. Tix go on sale next week! You going?