Friday, May 09, 2008

Return to Friday's Feast

Number 190

Appetizer
When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?
Always.

Soup
Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?
All of the above. After dealing with all of the above, I now prefer carpeting.

Salad
Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.


I did this incorrectly, but I liked it, so I'll post it and then give you what you asked for.
(For “Lidna” the way I accidentally type my name 95% of the time): Listen intently: do not annoy!
(“Linda” which is how my mom actually spelled my name): Listen intently: never dismiss appreciation.

But the "real" one is: Let lying lotharios learn lessons.

Main Course
Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?
Yes, one of my best friends adopted a child who is now grown into a wonderful adult child.

Dessert
Name 2 blue things
.
Clinton Kelly’s eyes
Name of a Patsy Cline song covered by Lee Ann Rimes. Love this song, and I don’t like country music.

17 comments:

Jane said...

A very satisfying feast! I loved your salad. I had a hard time with that one too!
My feast is served, I hope you will drop by.

annie's eyes said...

I had to look up lotharios definition and I love your acronym for your name, spelled correctly of course. If it makes you feel any better, I often type triple letters instead of double in my name. And you made me feel better remembering it was Patsy Cline who sang Blue first. Love, Annette

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, now if I ever need to do this, I know where to come for the salad!

Your twin Lidna

Ann said...

I forgot about Friday Feast! It's so much fun to read. Clinton Kelly has the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

Lost was creepy last night. Are you still watching it? I didn't like it. Spooky creepy.

Darlene R. said...

I, too, had to look up lotharios and after I did I agree with your sentence! :) You taught me something new today!

This was fun to read.
Have a great weekend,friend!

Darlene

GreenishLady said...

Oh, I enjoyed your 3rd sentence. I'm glad you went ahead and included it!

Linda said...

I often make the same mistake typing my name. I love my hardwood floors because I feel they are cleaner than the carpet.

Have a great weekend.

Fresh Girl said...

Great feast! I loved your salad. ;)

dani said...

Honestly this has nothing at all to do with your post today. However, I just have to tell you that your blog is addictive. It is the FIRST thing I do every morning! I don't even hit the snooze button anymore! I gotta have my 2nd cup of coffee BEFORE my first cup! Your blog is just great!

Dani @ icrafty.com

Nicole said...

I did the salad wrong too! But i went in and edited it after i saw other doing it the right way! :)

Jennifer said...

I love that you chose Clinton's eyes as something blue. THat just proves your true devotion. (o: What a fun post!

Kim said...

Great feast! I'm having fun reading everyone's Salad. How interesting they all are. I had a hard time with mine, "K".

I melt at Clinton's eyes!!! :)

It's wonderful reading all the adoption stories.

Come on over and feast with me.

Marsha said...

Lying lotharios... very good!

You can find my feast here:

Just Some Thoughts

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

I used to do FF a long time ago until it attraced a troll...YIKES! Couldn't get away fast enough...

I even thought about doing this one but that 5 word sentence got me.

I loved your creativity with it! ☺

PJ said...

Lying Lotharios, indeed!! You make me laugh. And one must never pass up an opportunity to mention Clinton Kelly!!!! Or his blue eyes.

BTW, thanks for the encouragement! And sure hope that toilet paper is holding out!!!

Mama T said...

Delurking to say, I love your "Friday Feasts"! :)

Kellan said...

I like to hear Leeanne Rimes sing that song too!! I like Leeanne Rimes!

Thanks for stopping by - very nice to meet you. I like your blog! Hope to see you soon - have a good Mother's Day and a good weekend - Kellan