Thursday, June 19, 2008

Off to Charlotte!



Question: Why isn't the pilot paying attention to his controls? Why is the person next to me singing, "Jesus, Take the Wheel?"

When I was a kid, I used to move the benches out at an angle from our wooden picnic table to make it into an airplane. Then I would sit on the main part and sing, "I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane, Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again" while swaying back and forth. It was very soothing, and I sounded, well, famous and beautiful. Perhaps I should shut my eyes and do that same thing on the flight to Charlotte. And the scared-er I feel, the louder I'll sing. Maybe the other passengers will join me.

Jorge, you are my constant! But if Jack Shepherd insists on carrying me away from the ball of fire that was previously our plane, I'm going to let him. I know; that is a really scary thought. Not the plane crashing and burning, but some poor soul trying, as Ernest T. Bass would say, to "heft" me. Anyway, I would only allow myself to be carried because it would make a great post when I got back. Strictly writing material, of course.

Kids: If I die, remember to always keep your belly buttons clean and change your hand towels daily.

Take care of Zoe. Tell her I'll call her tonight.

To all of you bloggers: Talk to you soon! Thanks for praying for me, esp. that I don't have a panic attack in the airport, which is actually scarier to me than flying. And thanks for all of your encouragement and support. Bye now!

15 comments:

HisPrincess said...

You will be fine! The Lord wouldn't dare deprive me of my daily dose of Linda! My workday would be so boring if I didn't get to visit your blog and get my fix of nuttiness.

Have a great time!
Blessings
Sharon.

Chatty Kelly said...

See you tomorrow! I love you "jesus take the wheel" comment! Hang in there. You'll do great.

Jerri Phillips said...

Amazing Linda, you may already be in Charlotte, but in Texas, at 7:21 Central time, I am praying for you.

Have a fabulous trip!!!

Jerri Phillips said...

Amazing Linda, you may already be in Charlotte, but in Texas, at 7:21 Central time, I am praying for you.

Have a fabulous trip!!!

Cindy Swanson said...

Godspeed, Linda! I hope you have an amazing and very blessed time!

PJ said...

Have a wonderful time at She Speaks. May your proposal be met with accolades of enthusiasm! I can't wait to hear about the conference. I'm SOOOOOOO putting it on next year's agenda for me.

PJ

Roxanne said...

I'm singing with you in Houston. . .

Mocha with Linda said...

You are gonna do great! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Take lots of pictures!

Marina said...

Linda, you will be fine the lord is with you! and can't wait to hear all about it.hugs,marina

Mocha with Linda said...

Hey Lidna 1,

Just wanted to tell you: I was listening to a radio interview that Angela Hunt did. She's written over 100 books that have sold 3 million copies and has won scads of awards, including a Lifetime Achievement Award. In this interview she said the hardest part for her is the book proposal.

Be encouraged!

Love ya,
Lidna 2

annie's eyes said...

I am praying for you, friend. But what really scared me is I know who Ernest T. Bass is! I guess sort of like how you understood my cement pond reference. All the best!
Love,
Annette

Michelle said...

Hurry back,...................we miss you!

That, and we need details and pictures. Everyone lives vicariously!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Ok, number one this is one of your all time funniest posts but number 2

Oh
mah
gah

I never realized that your coffee cup at the top FILLS UP!! And then empties!!! Oh, that is so cool. How can you stand how cool your blog is??

Amy said...

Praying for you. God is in control! Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it!

Obe's said...

I just read your blog and I just love it I will be back you starbuck lovin gal you!!
Take care,
Diane at Crafty Passions