Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Road Trip! 2nd Haircut! Pedicure!

Well, I was going to be coy and not announce "I'm off on vacation!" but I can't do that because basically, I have no self-restraint. Which explains the 15 extra lbs I'm hoisting around on the backs of my upper arms this summer.

So: I'm off on vacation!

But I'll still probably post every day. Because that's the way I roll (and keep sane.) Can I get an "amen?"

I'm traveling with Jorge's family to Gatlingburg, TN, where I will probably look like the kid on the right if I do this lift thingy:
















But Zoe and the boy are staying home, as I noted in a previous post. So, burglars, don't try to break into my house, or one of those two will completely bite your little toe off. I'm not kidding. Either that, or Zoe will pee on the floor when you break into our house, which is a sign, according to the vet, that she likes you. She likes a lot of people; I'm sure she'd be crazy about you burglars.

One more thing: Well, two.

First: I did something for the first time ever today--got a pedicure. That was dicey because the Vietnamese girl who was working on me kept telling me she was going to put "sauce" on my legs. Turns out, she was trying to say "sea salts." She said, "I put da sauce on you leg. Da sauce is good." So it actually sounded like she had tasted it or something.

Secondly: I got my hair cut AGAIN. I liked the sides a lot, but the waxing and the back weren't cutting it for me (no pun intended, but how clever!). So now I have a slight angle, and my hair hits the middle of my neck.

This stylist definitely had teeth, by the way.

So now I've gotten my pedicure and my auxiliary haircut, all I have left to do is ... pack!

20 comments:

Pam @ http://alertandorientedx4.blogspot.com/ said...

I like pedicures. I get them a few times a year. In fact, I Ken Lee without my quadannual pedi....
My 13 year old daughter dyed the underside of her hair really dark red last night @ a friend's. It's temporary, at least. And it's red. Sounds like Summer is definitly here. Have a wonderful vacation!

Susanne said...

Well, pack and post a picture! Of the new haircut!

I've never had a pedicure either. Did you go for the tropical pink color again this year?

Amy Wyatt said...

You always make me laugh. I needed it this morning. Have a great trip.

Debbie said...

Enjoy the vacation and, if you haven't been before, The Dixie Stampede is worth the price of admission - really!

Merrie said...

Have fun on your vacation... Gatlinburg is lots of fun and beautiful!
Can't stand the peds... means somebody HAS to touch my feet! YIKES gives me the "willies"!

Barbara H. said...

Have fun! Gatlinburg is a fun place with lots to do.

I am in the throes of deciding what to do with my hair. I actually cut about four inches off of it myself...and it's better, but it needs shaping. I usually just go to Great Clips where I usually never see the same person twice, but I just recently met the hairdresser of a friend whose style I really like, so I may give her a try.

skoots1mom said...

have fun in Gatlinburg...i expect to see pics from "the lift". and the new "do"

My ADHD Me said...

Your first pedicure! Good for you. I've often thought about getting one but I haven't had the nerve. It weirds me out having someone mess with my feet, but everyone says it is Wonderful. Funny you should mention that the 15 extra lbs goes straight to your arms...ME TOO! Every time! (that and my round Shirley Temple face).
I really enjoy your posts!
Thanks for dropping by mine and saying hi at Monkey's Are Funny. It's nice to know there are real people out there.
my adhd me

Mocha with Linda said...

Are we EVER gonna get to see a real picture of you with your new 'do? Because otherwise I might have to break into song....

The last time ever I saw your face
Your hair was long and could cover your eyes
And I daily came for the smiles you gave
In your haircut angst on this blog I love
In your haircut angst on this blog.

(Don't be giving me any FLACK!)

Have a fun time!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

CONGRATS on your first (but I bet not your last) pedi!

now watch this and laugh
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o

Kelley said...

Enjoy your vacation. We are still debating where to go and when. The only thing I know for sure is that I will be in North Carolina in about 2 1/2 weeks (which scares me to death right now!!).

Ang baylis said...

You crack me up!!! I have the same problem with the backs of my arms these days! You make me want to go workout! I hate pedicures but that's a whole other story! Have fun and I'm sure your house will be safe because those kids look scary! :)
Glad you like your hair!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

I am now picturing spaghetti sauce on your legs. Thanks for that image! And I had to laugh out loud when you said, "She (Zoe) likes a lot of people."

Enjoy your vacation! :-)

Lois E. Lane said...

Good for you getting a pedicure! I've often toyed with the idea, but don't know if I want to inflict that kind of emotional trauma on whomever would be attending me :)

R.L.Scovens said...

We lived in Nashville for 4 years and never went to Gatlinburg!! We missed out! I heard wonderful things about it! Have a great time.

Ann said...

Woohooo! Have fun on your vacation :)

Teri said...

Yay for vacation!

I'm so glad you will be posting while you are on vay-cay....because I ken lee without my second cup fix.

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Hmmmm..
no pic of the hair? How disappointing. Your slacking, Linda.

I love your comment that your new cut wasn't cutting it.

Oh, you addict, you. You just can't stay away from your sweet blog friends. We all know!
Happy vacationing! I'm jealous!
Paula

A Stone Gatherer said...

Have a great trip! We were supposed to go to Gatlinburg on our honeymoon, but because of what I blogged about yesterday(sutle enticement), to date we still haven't gone! Maybe one of these years!

PJ said...

Certainly don't forget the "Da Sauce" for your legs!!! I Ken Lee without pedicures either...almost literally since chemo...my feet get sooooo dry they resemble hide of a rhinocerous -- horn and all!! without at least one pedi a month. I find them so relaxing, I fall asleep in the chair. Seriously -- okay not when they're filing all the dead skin off, but before that!!!