Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Theme Song! I've Got a Theme Song! OR Gordon Lightfoot is Really Obsessed With Me

I never thought I'd have a theme song for my blog, but what can I say--here it is. No need to listen to the entire 3 minutes. As soon as you listen to the first verse, you'll get the gist of the story--basically, it's the story of a 70's Canadian folk singer who apparently can't stay away from my blog, poor guy. Just give the tune a few seconds, and you'll be a-cryin' in your root beer, too.

Alas, Gordon, "the lady" about which you sing is spoken for.

Gordon doesn't know he's only the latest man I've had to "cut loose," so to speak. I won't say who the first was; we'll just call him "Clifton Kelly from TLC's What Not To Wear." That was sad, people--a big star like Clifton Kelly basically stalking me in an email and everything.

Anyway, I didn't mean to spin a web into which Gordon would so passionately entangle himself that he'd be reachin' for the bottle before the day is done. Wow.

Let this be a lesson, ladies--your blog could be an unintentional siren song, snaring Canadian 70's folk singers right now. You too could be an unwitting temptress, if you do not heed my warning concerning writing alluring posts about swallowing your contacts or wrecking your car or burning your food or observing David Archuleta's frequent lip licking. I do not know exactly which post drew Gordon inexorably into my lair. Perhaps it was the Casket Family Mystery. After all, they say men love "mystery."

At any rate, here is the song Gordy wrote in honor of my blog, and NO, it's not "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," Smarty Pants. Gordon's ode to me is called, appropriately, "2nd Cup of Coffee."

src="http://www.actionext.com/swf/player.swf?artist=gordon_lightfoot&song=second_cup_of_coffee" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="350" height="142" name="player" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
Read Second Cup Of Coffee lyrics






14 comments:

Carol said...

So, are you going to download the ringtone? :)

Susanne said...

And here you thought you and Gordon Lightfoot didn't get along. Did you notice you can download it as a ringtone. You can have your name sung out everytime someone calls you.

Jerri Phillips said...

Okay, I missed the whole Clinton Kelly experience because I was in the midst of a house remodel. It is 5:30 AM, and I was about to choke laughing so hard!!!

Now you have a song!!!

So on my sidebar can I put as one of my "things": "AND I read 2nd Cup of Coffee, the only blog I know frequented by Clinton Kelly and having its very own song written by a famous artist."

You just don't know the power you have over men, Linda. I'm glad you cut them off mercifully, though. Dragging things would only be cruel.

Jen said...

Oh, Lordy. Gordon Lightfoot is just as bad as I remember. Actually, isn't he STILL singing yet another verse from "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald?"

:) Smooches!

samurai said...

I nearly snorted Ice Tea out my nose when you mentioned the Edmund Fitzgerald! LOL...

I will have to try and catch that song...

annie's eyes said...

What can I say, Linda? You snag 'em and then turn 'em loose, breaking hearts all over the place. Gordon Lightfoot, now there's a voice from my past! Cute post, and I agree, you need a new ringtone! Love, A

Mocha with Linda said...

So are you the lady who got lost along the way?!

That is hilarious.

Miscellaneous From Missy said...

Errr, congratulations? Maybe you should have Jorge sensor your posts ahead of time to prevent more heartbreak! ;-)

Chatty Kelly said...

I am enjoying your blog,since finding it through Lysa's site.

Congrats on the theme song - haha. As a matter of fact I sing your praises every morning too...I say "I want a 2nd cup of coffee!"

R. Kristina said...

I vote the ringtone idea...

So fun! Thanks again for the giggle!

Roxx

Susan said...

Wow, this song is quite different than the Edmund Fitzgerald, isn't it? You (and it) really cracked me up!

Hope you're well.

Susan

Michelle said...

So COOL!


The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is also one of my all time favs (damn I am old!)

Marina said...

The lady that got lost along the way"" love it !! it well go good with my 2nd cup of coffee !hehe
too funny! Linda you have away with men I must say ,marina
PS. maybe you should play the song everytime we open up your blog LOL!!!

Ann said...

That's awesome, Linda! I love it! It's hard for me to choose just one of your posts as my favorite, you have so so many very good ones. Keep writing!