Friday, July 11, 2008

Bringin' Back the Ken Lee








For the first time in months, I must invoke the phrase Ken Lee to describe some new joys in my life: Coffeemate Tiramisu and Orville Redenbacher's Garden Herb and Olive Oil Popcorn.

[For visitors: Earlier this year, my college daughter shared a video with me that made me laugh harder than about anything I had seen/heard in months, and that was in the middle of American Idol idiocy, which tells you that my intelligence was already merely treading water at that time. "Ken Lee" put me over the edge. "Ken Lee" is to be translated as "Can't Live, if Livin' is Without You." I became, shall we say, rather fond of that term and have since applied it to things/people that I simply cannot live without. You must view the video to understand the depth of emotion in this phrase. You don't just go around applying it willy nilly.]

Since the only "herbs" I grew up eating were salt and pepper, I did not know I loved rosemary so much. I luuurve it. My husband does not. He does not like the aroma when I pop this flavor, but my attraction to this popcorn overrides his scorn for the corn, and ultimately his scorn for me when I pop it.

My fear is that not very many other people love this flavor, either, because I couldn't find a picture of it on Orville's site, and I didn't see it in the grocery store yesterday. This made me panic slightly, but I wasn't there for the popcorn at that moment but for something else (And yet, I felt compelled to check for the Herb Popcorn. That shows you how serious I am about this.)

Anyway, for me, these two are Ken Lee worthy.

17 comments:

Chatty Kelly said...

Linda - I hadn't see the Ken Lee video, so I went back and viewed it. That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

I Ken Lee your blog! And I'll try the coffeemate, but I'm a little scared of the popcorn. We'll see.

Susanne said...

I "Ken Lee" Southern Butter Pecan coffee creme. We don't get all your fancy dancy flavors. Last year I went to every store in town looking for Chocolate Macadamia Nut but no luck.

Debbie said...

That's the downside to living in a "test market" area - you fall in love with some new flavor or item and then can't find it anywhere - it goes the way of the McPizzas.

sara said...

So, I must try this popcorn. the things you Ken Lee have never been wrong!!!

DidiLyn said...

Can't wait to try the popcorn! I will wait until a reasonable hour, as it is 6:43 AM and that does not seem like the proper time for Orville, even if he is Ken Lee.
Have a good day!

Chel said...

Well, I just have to post a comment on this one...

The Tiramisu creamer, I have that in my fridge as I write. There is no other way to describe it: Ken Lee-all the way. Yum. I feel the same way about the Creme Brulee. Bellissimo!

Rosemary is my very fav herb, too. I LOVE to put it in homemade bread (every had Macaroni Grill?) Uh huh.

I have NEVER seen it on popcorn, though. That's definately a novel idea-one that is very worth trying!

Have you had the Natural Buttery Salt and Cracked Pepper? It's fantabulous! Make sure you have something to drink with it!

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm not sure about the popcorn. I'm a plain butter and salt girl myself.

And sigh, you know I Ken Lee your blog, but starting tomorrow I guess I'll have to as I'll be commputerless on a mission trip for a week. . . the things God asks us to do! :-)

Merrie said...

ohhhhh.... I'll HAVE to find these things! I can tell that I will love them both already - just by the flavors... I'll let you know if I "Ken Lee" them!

Lorri said...

I Ken Lee your blog Linda! What a great video.

I drink CoffeeMate but in French Vanilla. And I've never tried the popcorn, going to have to look for it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

First time viewing the Ken Lee video. Quite a hoot!

I'm gonna be looking for that creamer. You just can't go wrong with Tiramisu.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I like rosemary on breads, chicken and crackers. Will have to try the popcorn! My MIL says it is easy to grow- grows in the yard almost like a week. Haven't tried it yet.

Fran said...

I am all over that Coffee Mate!
Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Ann said...

We grew up eating the same herbs, Linda. Too funny! I Ken Lee cinnamon in my coffee. Also Ken Lee your blog - and if you stop by mine you'll see I left you a happy there. *Hugs*

skoots1mom said...

we have the tiramisu here but i haven't found the popcorn yet, but i'll track it down...can't wait to try it.
hv a gr8 weekend!

Marina said...

I am with Fran Love coffee mate!!
marina

PJ said...

I'll go for the Herb Popcorn...if it's so rare, your blog may cause a run on the stuff and now none of us will be able to find it. Orville will have to grow a bigger Rosemary garden just to satisfy your blogfans! Cause I Ken Lee my 2nd Cup of Coffee.

I'll pass on the coffeemate. I have this nasty habit of using REAL CREAM in my coffee. When I'm feeling decadent, I buy "heavy cream" to put in it!!! Yum. Most of the time I settle for half a bottle of half and half in my cup.

Heth said...

Yeah but did you try the coffeemate "Italian Sweet Cream" Oh good golly.