1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was the chicken quesedilla appetizer at Applebees after seeing "Mama Mia!" And did you know, girlfriends, that after 9 pm, all appetizers are half-price? That means that including the tip, my meal cost $5, and my ticket to "Mama Mia!" (because of using the fabulous $5 Buck Club card) also cost me only $5? And did you know, then, it follows that scoring dinner and a movie for only $10 makes me want to put some overalls, burst out in song and jump off a pier like Meryl Streep?
2. Violence of any kind, even in movies, is something I intensely dislike. Oh, also: musicals.
3. The full moon makes me think of Cher in "Moonstruck" and Dean Martin singing "That's Amore."
4. "You stoled the clothes off our cement goose, so we're gonna bust up your ugly raccoons," is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to leave cement geese naked.
6. "Mama Mia!" is the best movie I've seen so far this year! NOT! But I did enjoy it for weird reasons, which I'll probably post about this weekend.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching "Psych" and "Monk," tomorrow my plans include running and cleaning and Sunday, I want to get back to the heart of worship!
And Now, Fashion Inspired By ...
Here is my sassy new little scarf that I wore to see “Mama Mia!” As much as I loved wearing it, there was something uneasy in the back of my mind going on: “This particular pattern of polka dots is familiar. I know I’ve seen this before somewhere, but I can’t remember.”
And then it hit me.
If I were at a red carpet premiere and an ET reporter yelled to me, “Lidna! Lidna! Can you tell us who you're wearing tonight?!”
I’d have to call out over the crowd, “Target! Inspired by Larry King and his polka dot background!”