Thursday, August 14, 2008

Friday Fill-In & "Mama Mia!" Fashion Inspired By ...

#85


1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was the chicken quesedilla appetizer at Applebees after seeing "Mama Mia!" And did you know, girlfriends, that after 9 pm, all appetizers are half-price? That means that including the tip, my meal cost $5, and my ticket to "Mama Mia!" (because of using the fabulous $5 Buck Club card) also cost me only $5? And did you know, then, it follows that scoring dinner and a movie for only $10 makes me want to put some overalls, burst out in song and jump off a pier like Meryl Streep?

2. Violence of any kind, even in movies, is something I intensely dislike. Oh, also: musicals.

3. The full moon makes me think of Cher in "Moonstruck" and Dean Martin singing "That's Amore."


4. "You stoled the clothes off our cement goose, so we're gonna bust up your ugly raccoons," is one of my favorite local expressions.

5. Sometimes it's best to leave cement geese naked.

6. "Mama Mia!" is the best movie I've seen so far this year! NOT! But I did enjoy it for weird reasons, which I'll probably post about this weekend.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching "Psych" and "Monk," tomorrow my plans include running and cleaning and Sunday, I want to get back to the heart of worship!

And Now, Fashion Inspired By ...


Here is my sassy new little scarf that I wore to see “Mama Mia!” As much as I loved wearing it, there was something uneasy in the back of my mind going on: “This particular pattern of polka dots is familiar. I know I’ve seen this before somewhere, but I can’t remember.”

And then it hit me.

If I were at a red carpet premiere and an ET reporter yelled to me, “Lidna! Lidna! Can you tell us who you're wearing tonight?!”

I’d have to call out over the crowd, “Target! Inspired by Larry King and his polka dot background!”

25 comments:

mamasmurf said...

Now, I did like Mama Mia!!

Enjoy your weekend ~Chrissy

Linda said...

I went to see Mamma Mia on Monday and although it isn't great, it was just plain fun! I love Colin, but I don't care how cute Pierce is...the man can't sing!

I too am looking forward to Monk and Psych!!!!

My ADHD Me said...

I Have to see that movie and I very rarely, close to never, go see movies at the theater. People that know me would never guess, unless I tell them, but I love musicals. Yes, they tend to be corny but I cannot help myself. Then I end up singing the songs all day. I know, I know....very corny.

crickl's nest said...

I wanted to see that movie, but now I'm kinda scared to! ;)

Your scarf is cracking me up every time I see it!

milet said...

love your fill ins and the insert about mama mia.

my fill in is posted here. hope you can drop by. thanks.

Edie said...

I love that picture of you and friends at Applebees. That scarf is way cuter than Larry King's BG!

Ok now I have to share a statue story. My daughter has a friend who is a VERY UNIQUE person, Layne. Layne and another friend decided to follow some band around the country one year. Before they left, they anonymously kidnapped a neighbors garden squirrel. Every city they went to they would buy souvenier necklaces and such for the squirrel. They would write a letter to the owner from the "squirrel" telling of his travels and include a picture of him with souveniers. When they came home from their tour, they returned the squirrel to his home in the garden with all of his souveniers. Supposedly the neighbors never found out who was behind the prank.

Sorry for the book. Your garden art reminded me of this. Have a great weekend!

Chel - An Abiding Branch said...

You make me want to yell out like Jerry Lewis, "Hey Laaaaddeeee"

Girlfriend U R Hilarious!

Chel

Becky said...

Oh... ow... I'm rollin' Hahahahaha... you are too funny today... and the scarf, LOL! I think its cute no matter where the inspiration came from.

Chatty Kelly said...

Girl - just laughing and Ken Leeing over here! You come up with the most RANDOM stuff! Larry King's background! hahahahha!

You slay me!

Mrs. Who said...

We LOVE "Psych". I thought maybe nobody else was watching it, but they keep renewing it, so someone must be. We think they are hilarious.

Diane said...

Haven't seen Mama Mia, but plan to. I confess...I love musicals, not ALL, but a lot of them.

You're hilarious and GIRL, lovin' that scarf!!

I had no idea that appy prices drop after 9pm! Oh my goodness...I can see that in my future.

Thanks for dropping by my old "Do Drop Inn"...come back soon!!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Diane

Mocha with Linda said...

You are just dotty!

You can choose your definition from Merriam-Webster: 1 a: mentally unbalanced; crazy b: amiably eccentric (a dotty old relative)
2: being obsessed or infatuated (dotty fans)
3: amusingly absurd; ridiculous (dotty traditions)

Love ya!

Susanne said...

I wish we had a Applebee's. I don't know of anywhere that does half price appy's. And I love your scarf but seeing I don't watch Larry King I will block that view from my brain and just think of it as a lovely scarf! :v)

Nice pic of you guys!

Teri said...

Lidna, Lidna, Lidna...let me ask you one question...Who the heck DOESN'T want to jump off of a pier after dancing through the streets of a beautiful Greek Island with all of her homegirls after singing Dancing Queen?

C'mon girl...feel the girl power!

milet said...

hi linda, talaga means really.

Janet said...

I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet, but I did see Meryl Streep on David Letterman last night and she was hysterical :-)

Thanks for playing, have fun this weekend :-)

Ladybug said...

LOL!!! Haven't seen Mama Mia! Looks kinda of silly to me! And I think your scarf is much nicer than LK's background! :D

Carol said...

Girlfriend, you are crazy!! Mama Mia was AWESOME because it was so ridiculously hysterical. Amy and I saw it a few weekends ago and loved it. I have to admit that I love musicals, though. But the casting was incredible. I busted out laughing at the last scene with the guys in the Elvis-type stretch suits singing that last number. Too funny. I need to go see that one again!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

OK, girl. Mamma Mia- the REAL Mamma Mia is coming to IU in March. You should come down here and go to it!!! And I'll meet you at Applebees before the show! It is SOOOO good. And there is NO closed-throat, painful, looking constipated 007 singing in it! I've seen the show twice and even bought a t-shirt. The movie though? UGH.

Laurie Ann said...

Not sure if I'll see the movie or not, but looks like a great time was had by all! Cool beans about the 1/2 price appetizers. And love the scarf, Lidna, LOL!

Dr. Purl said...

Have a great weekend! funny stuff!!

Tammy said...

Haven't seen the movie but a couple years ago the Broadway musical came to town and hubby got me tickets for my birthday...I wasn't crazy about the storyline or the ending...I just love Abba!

Domestic Extraordinaire said...

Haven't seen Mama Mia yet, not sure if I am going to.

Larry King inspired scarf...LOve it!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Marina said...

I love Abba ,but I don't think Abba loved meryl streep and pierce singing there songs:( It was bad I walk out of the movie) couldn't stand there sining and didn't care for the story line
I like musicals but these one was bad!
marina

Nise' said...

Sorry you did not like the movie. Sounds like you had a great time anyway and your fill-in was funny!