1.I enjoy watching my friends watch sappy movies. Wednesday night, we all watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," and last night we went to see Part 2 in the theater. Only half of us cry when watching movies, but all of us make all-knowing editorial comments and wistful sighs, which is why we have to go when the theater is practically empty. Good times.
2. Menopause is something I wonder about often lately. For instance, why have my allergy symptoms suddenly gotten better? I believe the answer is hormones. If I had known this, I would have wanted to go through menopause at 25.
3. In your heart, you knew that you could never stick to that diet.
4. Take warm popcorn, add a little McCormick's Vegetable Supreme Seasoning and you end up with your own cheap gourmet popcorn. You're welcome.
5. Life has gifted me with _____. Huh? OK--God has gifted me with health, family and friends. OH, and an ability to counting by 3's, 4's and 5's really fast. It's amazing.
6. Coffeemate Hazelnut Biscotti is an instant vacation.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to finishing up my kitchen (!), tomorrow my plans include hanging out with the birthday girl, and Sunday, I want to not cook!
Today at the cafe, I'm writing about "Slip-N-Slides in the Middle of Your Desert," a piece about my son at college. I hope you enjoy it.
Oh, how a year can change your perspective.
Last September, we deposited our son, Jordan, in his dorm room, and I was one sad mom.
What’s worse, I think he was unhappier than I was. His expression clearly communicated, “What am I doing here? I don’t even want to be here. This is a mistake.”
I would’ve preferred that he couldn’t wait for us to leave. Even though he’s old enough to vote and live with a complete stranger in a tiny, musty dorm room, when your child feels insecure, your heart aches.
Throughout the year, Jordan grew more and more acclimated to campus life.
In May, he returned home, and thus we began a wonderful summer with him and his laundry. Before I knew it, it was time to make the second deposit.
Imagine my surprise when I received his first email this year:
Please click on this link to see the rest of the story!