Monday, September 08, 2008

That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout


How to upload your own videos!


OK. So you kinda want to participate in "I Can See What You're Saying," but you're stumped about what to post.

May I suggest an example of a great video post that can serve as a guide and/or inspiration for our project, if you'd like. Notice that I called it "our" project, because I intend to engage you emotionally, giving you part ownership, thereby further enticing you to try this.

This post was made by Mama Belle of The Bayou Belles and Their Beau while Gustav was threatening them.

Please note her total lack of self-consciousness, except for when she points out her glittery hurricane attire, which was quite educational. I never knew glamour and hurricanes went together.

Also, her willingness to torture those around her to get her post made is quite admirable. I fully endorse torturing family/friends to help you, if need be.

Again, if you're worried about privacy, shoot in front of a blank wall or outside somewhere. Don't post any videos of any children except yours, if you wish. Don't accidentally tape your house number or Social Security number or any identifying birthmarks or moles. You may tape tattoos, if you wish, but we ask that you be kind to our eyes.

Do not torture any pets for this project, but feel free to dress them up and bribe them to perform tricks. You don't realize it, but they're actually controlling you when you do that, so you may tape your pet controlling you, if you wish.

If you go on a rant against Oprah, expect to be mugged in a dark alley by Eckhart Tolle and his millions of minions. (But I've heard that he hangs out near toll roads: Tolle trolls toll roads. Say that 5 times fast.)

You do not have to give away a prize on your post, but I think I will give away a small one. Caveat: (I love to use that word, but I don't get to very often because I work in a youth ministry and write a blog about junk TV and ham, so there aren't a whole lot of applications for "caveat" when you're discussing how to bowl with frozen turkeys or whether Bernard is actually Jacob on LOST.)

Anyway, here's the caveat: You must be a participant to win my prize.

*PS: I've started taping my video. Prepare to be underwhelmed.




As my cousin would say, "Woo to the Hoo." Or maybe I should say, "Hoot."

16 comments:

sara said...

No pressure at all!!! But I think I must tell you that your link doesn't not link to The Bayou Belles and their Beau..... :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I have corrected the link; please try again!
Sorry-bad omen of things to come!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Thanks for the props! I'm sure Fox News will be calling me any day now ... move over Greta Van Sustern (that can't be how you spell her name, but you get my drift).

Marina said...

these was so good makes me what to get a video too should I walk in the news station and beg someone to tape me for Linda's blog")love,
marina

Marina said...

PS. Can't wait to see everyone it well be so much fun!!! marina

My ADHD Me said...

I just spent 2-3 weeks learning to link! (thanks to the help of a few VERY patient friends).
This looks like a fun idea,

Suzie said...

Good tips thanks

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I've done a practice one...and I should tell you...I'm quite tramatized by watching myself on video.

It should make for an excellent post ;)

"MoodyBlue" Jodi said...

I showed my tattoos already in picture form. LOL! Too bad I don't have a way to video them. ROTFL!

By the way, for what it is worth, I think Christian Shepherd is Jacob on Lost. Hehehe.

Greg C said...

I will be shooting mine with my camera and I have already been practicing. I did a report on Hanna on mine and also some bird and butterfly shootings.

Chatty Kelly said...

I'm thinking of an idea that I think is funny - but you never know how things will carry over. But I'm going to give it a try.

Mine will be dumb and fun - - just like me. HA!

Tabi said...

So, I told myself I was going to do this...nerves jittery or not....looking like a dork or not...I was going to do it! Then...my camera went kablooeee...as in dead...won't work...devestation.....so I guess I will enjoy seeing the rest of you!!!

Becky said...

I'm in... if I don't forget :-p Thats the whay my cookie brain crumbles. I have even been practicing with my Watch Me Wednesdays which so far has been a huge disappointment to my viewers.

I love your writing style... I SO get it. *mwah*

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Your Eckhart Tolle comments are just pure genius. I love the use of "minions". Ha!

I am still trying to work up the courage to do this...I should try a practice one first and see...

jennifer said...

I gotta say, I'm actually getting kind of excited about this. I'm totally going to rope my husband into being the cinematographer.

Can't wait!

PJ said...

Thanks for the hint to go check out the Belle!! It was fun!