Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a Oneighty Muncie Christmas Video









Our seriously genius creative arts director (standing next to me) made the video below which we showed last Sunday night at Oneighty.

Cast notes:
On the left, Jeff, our head pastor, from Abilene, TX, playing Charlie Brown with an Abileneian accent.

Chicken suit: Zach, an associate pastor. Favorite pastime includes knowing every Disney and Christmas movie line ever uttered. Plays Linus. When not playing a chicken.

Blue shirt: Hope, an associate pastor. Life of any party. Lovingly dubbed "Wild Thing," in a Christian-mom-pastor sort of way. Plays Lucy.

E: (Don't know if I want to use her real name because then your church might try to steal her because of her creative genius--don't think so!). Plays Sally.

Me: Sassy church secretary. Office absent-mindedness and borderline incompetence makes me adorable and therefore indispensable.

These two kids are our high school interns, who are also cast members, the girl fluffing her hair and Pig Pen, and yes, he really talks like that. All the time.

I give these kids a hard time sometimes, but the truth is, I have grown very attached to them and will be sad when they graduate. But please don't tell them that. They already try to twist-up my confused mom heart by being "cute" and faking accidents and illnesses so that I will bring food in and dote on them. Like I'd fall for
that.

19 comments:

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Cute and very creative!

Beverlydru said...

This is totally impressive. I see all the planning, as even the rewritten lines fit in the timing of the dialog. Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas!!

Greg C said...

Ok I loved it. I never really cared for the original movie but I think this one has potential for a remake and I can see visions of "A Charley Brown Christmas IV" It will be bigger than Rocky IV. Please continue with production.

Laurie Ann said...

Great cast notes and awesome video!!! Love it!

Melissa said...

Too cute and creative!! Love it!

Debbie said...

You have really gotten this video thing down! Fun stuff.

Edie said...

That was very cute with a great message! Your director is very creative! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

How fun! Did the kids love it?

Loved the Agape way said...

Wow, can we steal all of you guys at our church?

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - so impressive. Great editing. Loved the burping contest!

Tammy said...

This is just hysterical and I bet the kids have a great time at all your get togethers.

Beverly said...

very cute!

Becoming Me said...

Loved the video!

Carol said...

Bravo! I love Pig Pen on bass! And I'm with whoever that was from Texas. Forget going out in the snow. Brrrr!!!!

Susanne said...

Very fun!

Mel said...

Woohoo that was great!!

Garden Girl said...

what a hoot! I really like the original and the fact that the remake is still about Jesus, that is great! Way to go to all the creative minds!

annette @ annie's eyes said...

You have some serious talent on staff. Tonight, we saw a house with sychronized Christmas lights to Transiberian Orchestra where we tuned our radio in front of their home! Some people are just cool like that. You are one of them! Love ya, Annette

40winkzzz said...

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party here. It's been busy. That was VERY cool and cute and creative and probably some other things that start with c. I think the "girl fluffing her hair" is named Frieda. ?? Does that ring a bell? I seem to vaguely remember that from my childhoos Peanuts-reading days.