Saturday, December 20, 2008

An Original 180.Muncie Video

The youth ministry in which I work, Oneighty Muncie, just got a new Youtube account so that we can post our videos because the kids love them. This one was created by a guy who got married and moved away but is still greatly loved by all.

"Norman," a simple stick man, is a recurring video protagonist who gets into all sorts of random unfortunate situations. After all, you have to have some plot conflict for your protagonist. Norman is kind of a 21st Century "Mr. Bill," without the "OH Noooo." The denouement is not always tied up neatly in a bow, either. Just so you know.

Tyler made this video because we were issuing picture ID's to our kids and they weren't wearing them liked we hoped they would, so we made this light-hearted video to remind them. The ID's seemed like a great idea at the time, (by some of us who don't live with teenagers) but how could we have known that even before the kids ever touched their ID's that they would somehow, telekinetically, perhaps, be able to lose their ID's--"POOF!" into thin air like magic? It was that bad.

So here is Norman on "5 Reasons to Wear Your Nametag," with a bit of Christmas flavor thrown in.

20 comments:

Sam said...

love,love this video!! Some people are very seriously talented!!

sara said...

omg that was great. it is amazing what they can do now with technology!!

so, I have to ask......are the IDs gone now?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

The acursed IDs are gone. Woo to the Hoo.

Smilingsal said...

Send me an ID, and I'll wear it!

Tiff said...

Hahahaha "Norman with your nose so bright" I love it!

Mocha with Linda said...

Very impressive. Wish I could draw like that.

The video games in the bathroom cracked me up. I was picturing a Nintendo DS. Silly me. Of course everyone else has a TV in their BR!!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

LOVE this! The Santa one was my fav.

Mel said...

I love Norman!!! glad the id tags are gone!!

Edie said...

WAHAHAHA!! That was very funny. Norman is quite a character.

I have to admit I'm not much of an ID wearer either. Maybe if they were digital the kids would wear em. Just a *small* expense. :)

Chatty Kelly said...

Seriously crazy. I don't even know what to say to that. :D

sara said...

Hey Linda, the bedhead carnival is being hosted by Sara at greetings from butterville:

butterville{dot}blogspot{dot}com

Look back at her old posts because she has several on this before she decided to do the carnival.

skoots1mom said...

we do those hanging name tags at spring break when we head off to florida for the beach...then we hang them on a tent as they are going in the water so we know who all to account for as we leave the beach...so far, we've not lost any to sharks, but it is a struggle to keep them on each neck...or wherever they hang it, some loop it on the belts, some make headbands out of them, i've seen them clipped to headbands, even tied around their ankles!...teens, we love their creativity...the funniest was one stuck to a forehead with licked lifesavers!

Our kids love videos, too!...for us, we had videos centering around a blue carebear they named FLUFFY BLUE...you never knew who was gonna grab him or where he was going to spend a weekend...i'll try to get one and post it so you can see him

loved the post...i'm almost of the belief we should just use a temporary name tattoo on their face cheeks, they'd think it was cool and I wouldn't have to wonder where to look... : )

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Oh Norman! LOL!!!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Now, if that doesn't get them to wear their name tags, I don't know what will. Pretty funny.

Smelling Coffee said...

Linda~ I'm home from church with my sick 12 year old son, and ALL of your 108 videos on YouTube gave both of us a great laugh! He loved every one of them and wants to send them to his friends. Great job, everyone!!!

Julie said...

I loved the video.... I know the kids loved it too.

You all must have an awesome youth group. We are in a small church in a small town....so you can imagine how small our youth group is.

Tammy said...

Makes me want to wear a name tag! The video was awesome.

Hollie said...

loved the video! it was awesome!

Beverly said...

that guy is very good. very talented!!

Paula (SweetPea) said...

I like that video.