Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Wedding

I'll have to postpone Project 365 this week because the weekend is so busy. First I went shopping with Kristin during the day on Saturday to buy her some shoes for her first dance ever, which is next Friday night. The ballerina-type shoes are sparkly silver. She is adorable in them. Sorry, I couldn't help myself from saying that.

You can be sure I'll share the pics next week when she's all gussied up. (Michael Quinion says that the phrase "gussied up" "... was usually written with an initial capital letter, which suggests it came from the proper name Augustus, being the sort of name that authors associated with an effete or weak-willed man.") But I can assure you, my daughter is not a man, nor is she weak-willed. And insinuating that she is might get you knocked into next week by her.

Then, the girls and Jorge and I went to our nephew's wedding on Valentine's Day evening.

Sunday, Jorge has a surprise for me for Valentine's Day. All I know about the surprise is that it involves going to Indianapolis, which is about 60 miles away. You can also be sure I'll give you the full report on that when we return. I actually have a guess about what he has planned, but when I say that, it makes him mad, so I won't tell you what I think it is.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from the wedding of Abby and Jared, whom we love very much. Talk to ya tomorrow!





20 comments:

Linda said...

Hey! We did the same thing today! We went to the wedding of our Pastor's daughter. And I posted a picture of my Valentine too. Great minds! Have fun with your surprise tomorrow.

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, aren't you the society gal this weekend! You & Jorge look mahvelous - just about eclipsed the bride & groom!

Have a fun day tomorrow - can't wait to hear all about it!

Kelly said...

Sounds like great fun awaits you! Wedding pictures are pretty too. Great day for you!

Leslie said...

Cute pics! Can't wait to hear what the surprise is!! :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

awwwww, Heart Day wedding. How romantical! :)

skoots1mom said...

sounds like fun to me...eager to see K's dance picture and her shoes.
Sounds like it's gonna be a fun-time in Indy!! Praying safe travels for ya'll...
we're hosting "grammy" and "auntie" this weekend...we took them to the Titanic exhibit at the aquarium yesterday...so i'll post some "fishy" pics for 365.Tomorrow its "King Tut"!
Have fun!!!

Jeanette said...

Big day for weddings yesterday! Almost makes me wanna gag, oops, did I say that out loud?! Fourth wedding I have heard about from yesterday.

Love the picture of you and Jorge! Have fun in Indy :}

Debbie said...

Lovely photos. Can't wait to see the "gussied up" ones.

Jenny said...

Aww a valentine wedding, how sweet. Have fun today:)

Mel said...

Beautiful photos, can't wait to hear about the surprise :)..Jorge is well wonderful...

and i promise not to call your daughter a man or weak willed LOL

Lynn said...

Hey,

I recognize that jacket....

She Speaks

You are beautiful as always. Hugs my friend. Have a great week.

LuAnn said...

You two look great !!!! And the girls too. Can't wait to hear about the weekend!!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

How fun...can't wait to see your pics and hear what it is you're doing today! :-)

sara said...

i love surprises!! can't wait to hear what you did!!

Dena said...

That's a great picture of you and hubby, and I love the brides dress.

Oh I miss going shopping for dances. My son still thinks unless girls are good at sports, then there's no purpose for them (I'm pretty sure that has to do with having 2 older sisters), so he is definitely not interested in dances.

Carmen Gamble said...

You're so welcome! I'm sorry I didn't let you know...I'm a bit of a slow poke sometimes. I love your blog and enjoy it regularly! Thanks!

Susan said...

Sounds like it was a special weekend! I can't wait to hear what you did for V'tines day! I love surprises.

:-) Susan

Merrie said...

What fun! I love weddings and surprises and new shoes! Perfect, perfect weekend you had there!

Robin said...

You and your Valentine are really looking fab !! Weddings are just so romantic, no matter what age you are..They bring back those sweet tender feelings of new love..Happy Valentines DAy...

Beverly said...

What fun a Valentine Wedding. Lovely pics.