First -- Happy Spring, Everybody!
Don't let this whimsical, carefree greeting fool you; I'm not always so amiable. It's just that I live in Indiana, and we've been waiting to trade in black boots for kicky polka dot or hot pink shoes for so long that I had to give a little shout out to Spring.
So you’re clicking around the Ultimate Blog Party, eh? Congratulations on letting everything else in life slide while you "build community."
You have landed at 2nd Cup of Coffee, a place where I hope you’ll develop a new habit of stopping daily for the extra few moments it would take to sip a 2nd Cup. I try to write as if we’re sitting across the table from each other IRL. Except you can’t see my crazy eyes.
If you riddled this blog with "bullets," topics you would likely find are:
- That Cute Dog up there named Zoe.
- Stories about my kids, like my 16 year-old who racked up 6,000 texts last month.
- Video Blogs called "I See What You're Saying"
- My work at a youth ministry, where we doled out 405 sundaes this week
- My current addiction to crosswords, where phrases like "doled out" often appear
- Observations made by my husband, "Jorge"
- Obsessions with the latest food faves
- Recaps of certain TV shows, including Biggest Loser, Idol, The Office and LOST, the best TV show of all time
- Writing a newspaper column: the trials, the triumphs, the lack of pay
- Amish Heaters, elderly parents and musicals
- Commercials for the Department of ED (Er*ectile Dysfunkshun)
- 70-s music (See playlist below) (I am about 6 or 7 years old in dog years)
- Becoming a "conscientious objector" to the concept of cooking
In a nutshell: Married almost 24 years, 3 kids (22, 20, 16), Writer, Blogger, Envelope Stuffer, Friend to all. Also, I'm a contributor to this book which just came out, and I'd like to give one away at the end of this party. I think the book would make a nice little addendum to someone's Mother's Day plans, whatever they are. So if you'd like to be entered, let me know in a comment.
Thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup. Please come back. And thanks to Five Minutes for Mom for sponsoring annual springtime fun. And that reminds me ... it's time to put on my hot pink ballerina flats and snap some pics of spring!
PS: I think we're supposed to list prizes we'd like. Dear Santa:
58 - Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer
Provided by: Moms Who Think
(winner's choice of color, $349.99 retail value )
Who couldn’t use a Target gift card?
19 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Shoot-Me-Now
21 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Agoosa - Funny Name, Sound Advice
22 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Beginner Baby Blog