Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coincidences and Corresponding Sound Effects = Stupefication

For posterity, I need to document here that I was watching a TV show when an interview with Cameron Diaz started. At that same moment, I was working a crossword puzzle, and the answer to a clue was "Cameron Diaz."

[This is where you play the sound effect.]



I really wish that in real life, whenever something startling happened, I could summon this sound.

Same day, later in the afternoon:

I was listening to the radio in my master bath, and the song I mentioned last week, "Blinded by the Light" came on, and I heard the lyrics, "Bogart Mozart was checking out the weather chart to see if it was safe outside," when I walked past the TV in my room and who was on the screen but ... Humphrey Bogart.



Perhaps the biggest irony, though, is that when I checked the lyrics to that ridiculous song again, I saw that all these years I've been singing "Bogart Mozart" when it is actually "go-cart Mozart," so there was no coincidence at all, except in my head.



Pooey.

But the Cameron Diaz one, now that's just crazy-ironic.

Honestly, if my writing were any more interesting, could you stand this blog?

10 comments:

Amy said...

not sure you will get this as you are gone, but I just had to say that everytime something goes wrong for me I always do, outloud, the loser horn, to which I refer to the price is right loser sound...so funny and so me!!!

Hope you had a good trip...

Amy
www.allthingsaro.blogspot.com

jbzimme said...

I make sound effects constantly-driving, walking, thinking, doing small tasks... you name it! So this was not only relatable for me, but it was also highly entertaining!! (=

Chatty Kelly said...

Wow - it is so funny over here. How many blogs are hi-tech enough to have sound effects? Wow.

Mocha with Linda said...

Just the fact that you know how to go get the sound effects makes me in awe.

And what does Amy mean by your trip? Where are you and why don't I know?! :-) (It better not be Texas!)

Kim said...

Love the sound effects. Way better than trying to make the sound of flatulence by sticking your hand under your arm and giving it a big whomp.

It's the 'koinkidinks' in life that keep things interesting. And I have full confidence that even if it were NOT interesting, you'd find a way to make it seem like it IS. You have serious mojo entertaining skills, girl!

Heather of the EO said...

This. (and so much more) Is why I love you.

Random.

Funny.

Good.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Insert sound effects of applause for some seriously good writing. :>)

Brenda Susan said...

I know I keep saying this to you but once again
You. Crack. Me. Up!
Sound affects on a blog, love it!

Jenny said...

Love the sound effects

Pam Warden Art said...

HA!!!
Love it.