Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Frenzy

I am sitting here talking to you when I should be up ... doing.

Because my daughter is graduating this Saturday.

Did I really just say that?

I feel as though I left her at school for the first time about six months ago. And I just got used to having two at the same college. Now we're back to one. I suppose that has a good side: $.

Saturday will be full of pomp and circumstance, and then on Sunday, we're having family over to celebrate. And maybe a boyfriend, as well.

So I have a list of things to do before then, but I have already ordered the cake and the food.

"Lid, you ordered the food?"

Hello ... you thought I would COOK it?!

Actually, I will have no time on Saturday or Sunday to cook because on Sunday, Mother's Day, of course, I'm doing a book signing from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.

Yes, a book signing. Do NOT snicker. I know it is funny, and I'm sure it will provide lots of blog fodder. But I have a little display and everything, like an author would. The church put a promo of the book in our bulletin last week, and I forgot about it, (it wasn't in my bulletin) and when two or three people started congratulating me very enthusiastically, I realized what was going on. Then I had to explain, "Well, actually, it's not my book; I'm in a book. Barely."

It takes more words to explain how I'm barely in the book than to read my contribution to it.

Which brings us back to Katie, because my devotional was about her.

So I'd better get up from here and find the table cloth and the requisite honey-comb fold-out centerpiece, etc., etc because it takes a village to raise a kid, and it takes a week for me to do a dinner. That I bought.

So I leave you with the best promo ever:

21 comments:

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Oh, so glad for your daughter! I know it will be an emotional day for all of you, especially you, seeing your "little girl" ready to step out into the world!!!

Blessings!

~Beth

a Tonggu Momma said...

Enjoy every moment of this weekend, Linda. Congratulations! (Although I am highly disappointed that there isn't any Garfield.)

Tabi said...

Graduating! Congrats to her!! Will you stop talking about how fast time goes please?? I can't believe I am about to have a 9 year old, let alone thoughts over graduating! Whew!!
I can't wait to hear about this book signing (muffled snickering here)! Lol...

sara said...

have a great week and weekend with all the fun times with your daughter!!

and btw, I love the book!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - Congrats to your girl!

And I'm sure even though you aren't cooking, you will have plenty of mishaps, I mean stories, to share!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

What a way to celebrate Mother's Day this year! Yeah!!

Melissa said...

Oh, congratulations to your sweet daughter!! Enjoy!

Susanne said...

Well this is the second book you're in so that my friend is nothing to sniff at. You are on your way to having a whole book all to yourself!

Congratulations to your daughter! How very exciting!

Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said...

Hi Linda, Congratulations to your daughter Katie!! Have a great Mother's Day with family..wishing the best in life to your daughter..
Hugs, Baba

H-Mama said...

congratulations... to both of you!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Congrats to your daughter AND you...!

Greg C said...

Congtats to your daughter, What time should I arrive for the party? Ok have fun without me.

Lois Lane II said...

Oh, how fun on both!!! What an exciting time right now!

Beth in NC said...

What a cute post! Congratulations to your daughter! I pray it will be a beautiful weekend for you and your family!

"Rachel" said...

I love me some LOLcats!

Congrats to Katie! :)

Tammy said...

What an exciting time for your daughter. I remember graduation like it was yesterday. I pray it is a wonderful weekend for everyone.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Touch you, you book signing, food ordering mother of a graduate!

Blessings for commencements, it is a big deal no matter how many times you approach it!

Blessings
Robin

Jenny said...

Congrats to your daughter. I hope your week goes smoothly.

Heather of the EO said...

Happy Graduation!

And...how are you this hilarious???

As I write this, Miles is reciting Little Bunny Foo Foo from his bed. Before I know it, he'll be graduating...sigh...

lisasmith said...

Came by because I needed a good laugh...You never disappoint! Your daughter is gorgeous btw.

Pam Warden Art said...

Your promo killed me!