*Edit: Many of you asked-I bought those two racing grannies from yesterday's post at Books-A-Million.
Oh have mercy. The year is 1974, and I'm about 12 years old. We were the Franklin Flyers because Benjamin Franklin flew a kite, you know. Doesn't "Flyer" sound like a fierce mascot?? Yeah I know, not so much.
Here is my official 8th grade picture, and I apologize for the teeth, which look like the tongs on a fork. I never wore braces, but miraculously, my teeth straightened themselves out, moved closer together and look pretty decent today. I don't know what happened, but boy am I thankful. I'm sure my husband is, too.
Here is the 8th grade Franklin Flyer volleyball team, on which I was a nondescript member. In 6th grade, I won the MVP trophy, but by 8th grade, other girls' arms were bigger and stronger and they could serve "floaters." I'm not happy in this picture, not smiling because 1. The teeth 2. The lack of volleyball talent 3. There were some girls on this very team who were "mean girls," and you know what I mean by that. 4. Heartbreak over two boys, both ironically named "Bryan" with a "y." By the looks of my hairstyle, you'd think I was going bald in 8th grade and had a Trump comb-over.
And this "Turn back the Clock Tuesday" leads us right into the first question on tomorrow's Random Dozen meme, if you choose to participate. I will post my own answers Thursday. So if you'd like to get in on this one, come back tomorrow and link your post up so that we can come see your answers!
RANDOM DOZEN PREVIEW:
1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)