Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Dozen #9


1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
6. What's your favorite musical?
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."

This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.

Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?

10. "It's not a party unless _______."
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?

Go ahead and link up; I'll answer these tomorrow right here. Thanks for playing!

Be Still and Know
Tomorrow I'll announce the winner of yesterday's carnival.

19 comments:

barbarah said...

Thanks again!

Quilldancer said...

Great questions, as always! Thom has asked me to quit writing reams for my answers, but you questions require thought and effort and sometimes it takes a longer response to do them justice -- and I like it that way! Thank you!

ROSIDAH said...

Hi Linda, this is my first time to join your meme. I love your questions. Thank you. Have a wonderful week :)

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

My answers are up, I love this idea...it open up that blogging door and gives us all a spring board to just post our hearts out!

SusanD said...

This is such fun. I love reading everyone's responses. Thanks. Blessings, SusanD

bensrib said...

Dude! I totally missed the Random Dozen this week. It's been way too busy! I'll try to be back next week.

ps. can't wait to find out what you've texted in the middle of doing . . .

Mocha with Linda said...

Another great week.

Lemme guess. . . .you texted while trying to take pics of Kristin at the XC race!

Joyce said...

My answers are up...I like that there are always a few no-brainers and a few that require some deeper thinking...have a great day!

Jewel said...

My randomness is up! :-) I'm enjoying this so much, Linda! Thanks for doing it for all of us!!

Paula (SweetPea) said...

I love your Halloween one...without sermonize, ya or na.

I didn't know you were going to quote me. Now everyone knows I'm a true nut even contemplating texting while exercising. I guess it's better than some alternatives...like I would never text and drive. not me. no way. I know better. [Okay...I'm trying...habits are hard to break.]

Oh, and if you are stuck in traffic in my car, you can choose to read: mini Bible, phone book, mini Beth Moore thing, and the best thing to read....drum roll...a book called "God Your Late"...a book on WAITING...no less. I literally read it every month at my doctor's waiting room.

MichaƩle said...

Randomness abounds at my place...!

Melissa said...

My first time doing this....because today has been a random day!

Kelly Combs said...

Does it boggle your mind that you have 347 followers and only 9 comments? It seems to be a statistical impossibility that the percentage of commenters could be that low. Alas, it's true.

Things are slow at my blog too.

Cherie said...

Wow, this is really fun. I'm so going to link. BTW...just because I'm pretty sure it's unique. I once texted my friend as my husband and I were waiting for the emt to arrive at the scene of a plane crash we were trying to help with just a few hundred yards away from our farm. She still talks about that... my friend. I wrote about the crash on my blog. Anyway...can't wait to tune in for the answers.

Sue said...

Great questions this week Linda! Thanks for the fun... again. My answers are up at my blog & my link is in Mr. Linky. The week is going well :-D

Hugs

Susanne said...

You really asked us what our fave musical is? Lidna, is this you? Lidna?

Jerralea said...

These questions crack me up! I love doing this - it is so fun to see everyone's answers ...

Mama Squirrel said...

A bit late, but here's my post: http://deweystreehouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/random-dozen-9.html

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

Okay, several days late but mine is finally up!