Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Week for Fall Into Flavor

As Michael Jackson once said, "This is it." This is the final curtain call for Fall Into Flavor 2009.










If you participated all five weeks and would like a chance to win a brand new APRON! just let me know in the comments that you did participate each and every time and would like to be in the drawing.

Here is my final installation for Fall Into Flavor:

This is an old, old recipe called "Husband's Delight." I have no idea why, because there are no remote controls or skimpy outfits involved, unless you want to wear one, of course. Personally, I have found that wearing remote controls can be pretty darn uncomfortable, but suit yourself.

Ingredients:

(warning: this is kind of salty)

8 boneless chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
1 4oz. pkg. dried beef
1 can mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
optional ~ slivered almonds

Directions:

Line flat baking dish with dried beef. Wrap each breast with a piece of bacon. Arrange chicken on beef. Mix soup and sour cream well. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered at 325* for 2 hours or until chicken is done. Sprinkle almonds last 30 minutes if desired.

Thanks for making this a fun little meme again this year. Happy Cooking! Good luck to the apron contestants!

17 comments:

Debra said...

This recipe sounds similar to one that I make, minus the beef and almonds and mine calls for cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom soup. I'll have to try it with the mushroom soup next time. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Margaret said...

Sounds like a good recipe. I am going to have to try it!

KD said...

I love the sounds of your last recipe. All mu favorite stuff!:D Thanks for doing this meme, I did all five and had a lot of fun as memories re-surfaced with each one.

Out Back said...

Love the apron, it looks great.

Thanks for sharing the recipe, may just have to give it a try.

Best wishes,

Tania

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

This recipe is GREAT. I cooked something very similar from Paula Deen and my boys had only one word.... "Ummmm....MEATY".

Merrie said...

Sounds delicious ... reminds me of something my mother used to make for company...
I did participate some... I read every week, but did not post... Sorry... I had good intentions... which means I've helped pave the way to hell... (as my grandmother used to say).
Blessings~

skoots1mom said...

mine's up...
oh well, i made it 4/5

great recipes :D

Kim said...

Sounds delicious! And like a heart attack in a casserole dish. lol

I've participated all five weeks! I love aprons! I wanna enter!

The Bug said...

Just wanted to let folks know that I finished the I Won, You Win book & I'm picking a winner on Tuesday night. So if you're interested in participating, hop on over to my blog & post a comment.

Now I'm just going to sit in contemplation of this recipe & drool. Looks like comfort food to me!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Hey toss my name in the mixing bowl, I did all five weeks!

Blessings for a great week!

Robin

Betty said...

This sounds so simple and good! Will have to try it sometime. We like salty.... :)

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm 5 for 5!

Some bloggers wouldn't have worn anything under that apron. . . .

Susanne said...

Mmmm bacon! Don't they say everything is better with bacon?

I love the apron but I don't know if I was able to post every week. I think I missed one. :v(

Rebekah Doak said...

SOunds good! Any plans for a "Spring into Flavor" meme?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Mocha Lid: You are a nut.

Sarah said...

Haha, you're hilarious! Wearing a remote control would be quite uncomfortable!

THANKS for hosting this...I'm actually kinda sad it's over! :(

Brenda Susan said...

Hi, your recipe has more than one step, so I'm out. And I'm not sure what an apron is used for? I do restaurants & snacking so it wouldn't work for either of those.

But even tho I don't want to win an apron or cook chicken with almonds I came by to say Hi to you cause I likes you! Aren't you pleased?! :)