Summary: Went to Indianapolis Art Museum, saw the special exhibit "Sacred Spain," which was basically 17th Century Spanish renderings of Baby Jesus (He gets a capital "B") and Jesus on the cross. I'll bet you didn't know that Baby Jesus was a chubby little white baby with blond curly hair, blue eyes, and only surrounded himself with toys of prophetic significance. yeah. If we portrayed him this way today, we would see him grabbing candy halos at the grocery check-out with angels helping him hold the candy up to Mary.
Then we went to the Imax to see "A Christmas Carol" in 3-D. Recently this movie has been the number one movie in the nation, and I think it merits the attention. We loved the 3-D effect, and the writing did not stray far at all from Dickens. I felt like I was IN the scenes, especially ones with falling snow. Incredible. One day soon, we will not be able to distinguish animation from real people/scenes.
Sunday, church, then helped people swab the insides of their cheeks to send off to the Be The Match Foundation to help two young sisters in our church who have a rare (only 11 people in the world) and grave immune deficiency disease. I'm praying I'm "the match" for a stem cell donation (simple procedure like donating plasma). There were 860 who swabbed (registered to donate stem cells) and they raised twice the amount of money they aimed for to pay for the testing. Praying for a miracle. Their blog is Dancing Through the Rain.
Finally, I ended Sunday night by working at Oneighty, where it was Parents' Night, and it was really fun.
OK, here's the preview:
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
6. Your favorite tree is?
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
Tomorrow we answer the questions and link up!