Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sad Today

I wrote about these girls last week having a rare (11 people in the world kind of rare) genetic immune deficiency disease and how my church sponsored the Be The Match event to try to find stem cell donors. And then this week's newspaper column (yesterday) was also about them.

Last night the family announced on Facebook that the 15 year-old, on the left, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma as a result of the disease. Please pray for Karly.

I babysat her once when she was a tiny little thing and her mother was taking her older sister to a doc. I still remember how cute she was and how beautiful and sweet she is today. Please pray for the Koch (Cook) family, esp. Kelsey (21) and Karly (15). This is heartbreaking, but God has her in His hands.

15 comments:

Pamela said...

Praying for the family and for the doctors who care for the girls.

bensrib said...

I can't even imagine, but I will pray.

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh Lid. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Thena said...

I couldn't even began to imagine what they're going through. I will be praying for both of them, and the family. I also have a prayer request list on my blog if you want them or anything else added.

skoots1mom said...

makes my heart hurt...we have a sweet young friend battling a bone marrow transplant for her leukemia...she has indeed had a heart-wrenching 100 days since the transplant.
Will continue lifting these girls and their family up

Susanne said...

Oh I'm so sorry that has happened Linda. Praying for that family right now.

Rachel said...

Oh Linda.

My heart is breaking for her family.

Please - let us know where and how to get tested. I immediately said this to my husband when I read your earlier post... please if you can, post information on how to test to see if you are a match.

Many prayers.

SouthLakesMom said...

Linda, when will they have results of the mass matching you all did at your church? I just pray that with all those people, SOMEONE is a match...

lymphoma does complicate this more. I praise God that this family clings to the Lord as they walk this path, and that they have what sounds like an amazing church family holding them close!

Bless you in your ministry to the hurting!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

praying for this family.....

Melli said...

Awww... this is very sad indeed. I have been praying for them - and I will pray specifically for her as well. God is our Great Healer, and if it is His will, it will be done! I pray for her family and for (you) her friends as well. This is a rough time to get through...

Barbie said...

I am so sorry. I will continue to pray!!

Dena said...

I can't even begin to imagine. My heart goes out to that family and prayers are going up!

Susan said...

Oh I am praying. This must be so difficult for so many. Sending hugs your way.

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

Crying & praying. I enjoyed Karly so much when I was helping with Spark.

Merrie said...

Yes, will certainly be praying for them. Adding my faith and prayers to your!