Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Random



1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

I recently did a purge, so I think the oldest pair is maybe less than 5 years, and I will probably get rid of more soon. 'Cause I'm all about the gentrification of my closet.

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

Oh baby. Do-Si-Dos and Samoas. I gave the Samoas away, and I ate 3/4 of the entire Do-Si-Do box. I was out of control at my desk. I told Jorge I felt like a bear tearing into a honeycomb. It's good that I can't smell as well as a bear, i.e., smell the cookies near the Scouts themselves, or I would probably gobble up a Scout and her mom at the grocery entrance where they have their table set up.

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

No, and no. That was easy.

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

Oh, very. My parents should have foregone the usual admonitions and encouraged me to break rules and slack off. Rule-follower all the way. Authority-pleaser. Now? Not so much. Mid-life has changed me. Sometimes I don't even make the bed before I go to work. (Only on my early days, however. The other days, I'm under strict orders from myself to make that bed.)

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

I saw "Up" and "Up in the Air." I liked the second one better. No, I have not seen "Blindside" and have no desire to. I don't like "feel-good" movies.

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

Neither bothers me. But I would gladly take a little pain to spare my kids that little pain.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Friday, because it holds so much promise. Monday is second, because routine is comforting.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

Yes.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

No. I probably could have worked in the medical field if I didn't have to deal with unhygienic people. The other stuff doesn't bother me. I love to watch operations on TV.

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

How did you know I was responsible before I told you??
I like B. Moss, New York & Co., & shoe stores. Handbags, shoes and blouses are my weaknesses. Household goods or books are nice, but if I had to choose, I'd choose clothing.


11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

Not so much. I do like Pantene's clarifying shampoo and Dove soap, which I've been using my whole life.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

I have trouble (as apparently many of you do) with eye contact. Sometimes when I'm talking, I have to look away to collect my thoughts, and then I can look back at you. So to the question: I think it's more difficult to look into someone's eyes when I am telling him/her how I feel.

Hope you enjoyed the Plinko this week. Be sure to visit Mocha With Linda today for the kick off of a brand new meme!


17 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my friend! I just came back from The Blind Side tonight and LOVED it! It is a feel good movie, but Sandra Bullock is a hoot in it! No Blind Side for you and no musicals...you are very mysterious!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers!

until next time... nel

Barbie said...

I was a total rule follower too. I think I still am. People use to tell me to "live a little" when I was younger. It use to get annoying. Enjoyed your answers today!

SouthLakesMom said...

It's always interesting to see your answers to your questions. Not always as revealing as we hope (as in, what was she thinking with this question!). I'm sure the Girl Scouts are glad you're not a bear, too!

Kim said...

I haven't heard of "Up in the Air". But then I hadn't heard of most of the movies that were nominated.

A good future question is: How often do you purge your closet.

If I could wear pretty shoes, I would totally blow my budget on them. Which is why God probably gave me a bad back to save me from myself. Instead I just gaze longingly at them in store windows. And I've started a quilt project that will probably take years to finish.... each block is a different shoe or boot. One day the pretty shoes I can't wear will hang on my wall :-)

Jeanie said...

I think a lot of us grew out of being "rule followers" but with me the instinct is still there.

Atypical Girl said...

Oh, you know, I did see UP. It made me cry profusely. Are cartoons supposed to do that?

Mocha with Linda said...

We both like Friday for the same reason.

Rule followers unite!

Thanks for the shout-out. Can't wait to read your flashback!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, and I had to look up Do-Si-Dos to see what they were. Different parts of the country have different names for the cookies. Down here, your Do-Si-Do is our Peanut Butter Patties. And Samoas are Caramel Delights!

SusanD said...

I love NY&Co too! I was heart broken when they closed the store closest to me. Now I have to travel at least an hour to shop. My hubby probably think that's a good thing. lol. Blessings, SusanD

Susanne said...

I thought The Blindside was way more than a feel good movie. And Sandra Bullock was excellent. I loved it. You don't like feel good movies? Okay I see a post in that somewhere.

I could have put shoes and purses on my list very easily too. But enough to max out my card? Yeah, probably now that I think about it. LOL.

SusanD said...

Oh....and I see we're 80 strong again this week. :)

Jenny said...

Great Answers and I have a link on my blog for a website to make homemade Girl Scout cookies so you don't eat any Girl Scouts ;)

Just Breathe said...

Thanks for sharing your answers.
I need some GS cookies! We really enjoy Up In The Air. Gee I should have said Louis Vuitton!

barbarah said...

I did see "Up" -- I didn't know it was nominated, but I am glad it was. I don't keep up with all of that award stuff.

We're opposites on #10 but alike on #12.

Mom24 said...

Mmm, samoas. I LOVE them. :)

That's exactly why I love Friday too.

Thanks for doing this--it's always fun.

Connie said...

Loved your answers and I ate too many of the girl scout cookies I bought too. They were yummy...

Another rule follower here!! And I too don't make my bed now and then however I do most of the time...just habit.

Connie