Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Report

Leave it to me to come up with neither a spiritually significant nor an emotionally evocative post title. Oh well.

A report is a report is a report, right?

Well, let me report this: as I'm typing this post, I'm eating my 2nd piece of Key Lime Pie. And the crumbs are falling into the keyboard, but I don't care.



I feel as though I am eating Florida sunshine. Because the last time we were there, on Anna Maria Island, we bought a Key Lime Pie just about every single day and ate it. Did you catch that? Practically a pie a day.

I think it's called "Key Lime" because it holds the key to my happiness.

Where was I? Oh, the report.

Here is a thumbnail of any holiday at the Crow house when the kids are all home: The driveway looks like a car lot. A football and Frisbee lie on the breakfast bar and kitchen table. Mountains of laundry appear. Food disappears. Silliness at every turn. I love it.

Saturday evening, I cooked. Sunday morning, I cooked. Then we went to church. GREAT service.

Here are my girls and I just before lunch. I don't know if you can tell or not, but the younger one is so hungry here that she's about to gnaw on her sister's arm. She always was the biter in the family.



Then we ate.



Then I took a walk around my neighborhood. I felt like a giant Humpty Dumpty deviled egg waddling through my neighborhood, but I did walk.

Then I went to see my friend, Diane, at the hospital. That was hard.

Then I came home and sat down to write this post and realized I needed some key lime motivation.

My emotions are pretty tricky right now. I'm keeping them smashed down until the appropriate moment to grieve fully. Maybe that's why my writing has lacked emotion lately.

I will tell you the last thing Diane whispered to me today (she actually called me back to her bed so that I would lean down to hear her): "Keep writing. Keep writing. Keep writing."

I will, Diane.

Thought I'd share this with you. I liked it a lot.

18 comments:

Loui said...

Linda..
Love LIFE..
Live LIFE
follow your dreams..
KEEP WRITING!!!!
warmest hugs..
Loui♥

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love, love your bog design...It looks great

Jewel said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter, Linda!
Yes, children home does definitely change the landscape but in such a good way, hm? :-)
The pie looks luscious! I've never had Key Lime pie but have resolved to either make one or have a piece somewhere!
I continue to pray for your friend Diane, Linda, and for you.
Have a great week!

Mrs. E said...

My thoughts are with you and Diane, blog friend. And she is right. Keep writing. Keep living.

Kelly Combs said...

Best friends are the best friends. I tend to mash my emotions with food too, although chocolate is my drug of choice, not key lime.

Thinking of you, sweet friend.

Mama Belle said...

Linda ... my prayers are with you and Diane's family. I can't imagine how hard this is right now.

Advice from an emotional eater: Go eat another piece of pie. It equals momentary happiness.

Mocha with Linda said...

I LOVE Key Lime Pie.

Enjoyed the pics - who are the other people at the table?

Hugs to you and Diane.

skoots1mom said...

REV. 21:4-5
..."He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new. Write it all down—each word dependable and accurate."

His Word NEVER returns empty...be sure to read that last line. ;)

Connie said...

That video is very powerful and so true. I find your blog very interesting. There is no better fun than spending time with your family (mess and all). Enjoy

Keep spending time with your sick friend -time is short. (I did the same with my friend - she is enjoying heaven as I write.)

Cathy said...

So glad you had a great Easter!

Viki said...

My thoughts are with Diane. You are a good friend. God be with you both at this time.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Praying for you and Diane!

Susanne said...

Love your new spring blog "dress".

Isn't it wonderful when the whole family is together for a holiday? What a blessing that is.

Hugs to you, my friend. Praying for your friend, Dianne and for you.

Baba said...

Hi Linda, I am with you and love Key Lime pie..sounds like your Easter was great spent with your family..
Hugs, Baba

Brenda Susan said...

Oh Sweet lady, what an inspirational friend you have. Even when she is hurting. wow.
The pic of you & your girls is delightful, thanx for sharing!

Carmen said...

Hi Linda, so sorry about your friend and all she's going through. It must be tough for you to see her this way! She obviously knows your giftings!

So glad you have a great family to enjoy Easter with! I wish I could taste a real Key Lime Pie. We love lemon pies at my house...but key lime sounds yummy!

Thinking of you!

Tree said...

I love Key Lime pie too. We used to get it alot when we lived in Fla. Your girls look so much like you. And I love the humpty dumpty egg. LOL Prayers for your friend, Debbie!

Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
http://www.motherofpearlitis.com
http://www.mommiesfaves.com

P.S. I would love to invite you to join our new community network for moms...Mommies Faves Mom Bloggers Network. Hope to see you there soon!

Debbie's L'Bri said...

My second daughter love keylime pie.
I sent her one for Easter.

http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/

MBC