Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thank You and Happy Times

Well. I have read each and every one of your responses to my post about Diane, and my heart is deeply moved. Some of you are old friends, some new, but every message meant so much because A) you cared that I am hurting B) you took the time to stop and compose a thought or prayer for Diane's family and/or me.

I am so touched, so grateful. Thank you, thank you.

This 38 second (silent) video was taken surreptitiously by Jorge on October 4, 2008, my birthday. We were at Brown County State Park in Indiana with friends to see the colorful foliage and do some major shopping. We were setting up a camera to automatically take our pic, so we girls are waiting, but I didn't realize Jorge had our camera on at the side filming our shenanigans.

Diane is the tall one in the middle; Madelyn (Madwoman) is on the right. I have NO idea what we are talking about/doing with that "back-it-up" part. But the look on my face at the end and Diane laughing is priceless to me now.

video

17 comments:

Betty said...

What a special memory! Good for Jorge for making the video!

annette said...

Isn't it funny the things you cherish when you lose someone. A smile or a laugh, a moment shared...things you take for granted most of the time but not when it's gone. Your heart has touched me many times in your faithful friendship with Diane. You are in my prayers these days often, and Diane's family as you all walk through the next days without her. Hugs, Annette

ineverhavetheanswer said...

What a precious memory to have now as you miss her physical presence.

Hugs!
Amy

Barbie said...

What a beautiful reminder of laughter shared with a friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Catherine said...

A lovely memory -- I'm glad you have this to hang on to.

Hugs,
Catherine

Mary said...

How great is it that you'll have that memory forever? Prayers and hugs going your way!

Mocha with Linda said...

Aww, what fun! You all look gorgeous. I know you are reliving some precious memories.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

What a wonderful memory, tangible and real for you all to have. A true blessings!

You are in my prayers.
R

Jeanie said...

You are so fortunate that Jorge took that. I lost my best friend to cancer about 6 years ago....I cherish the pictures I have, but I would have loved having a video.

Roxanne said...

Love it. :) Glorious and beautiful.

Carmen said...

What a wonderful memory, Linda!

It looks like I missed your last post, and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning...and what a morning that will be! Until then you have some lovely memories.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! I'm just so sorry that I'm late!!

Nel said...

What a great memory to cherish and hold on to! Prayers are with you! I lost a very good friend, my prayer partner, in 1999. I still get out our camping pictures and treasure the memories!

until next time... nel

skoots1mom said...

:) loving the video...so glad Jorge was catching that moment
way2go, Jorge!!!

Ginger said...

Ya'll really have a special friendship, which continues to live on through your love toward others and those who share in her memory.
Ginger

2Thinks said...

You've honored your friend well in all the wonderful posts where the story of her life and illness and now homegoing have unfolded. The story in its entirety is a testimony to the faithfulness of God. How he loves us and gives us beyond measure, the ability to love each other like this and the strength to endure all things and the peace that passes understanding. And the promise of eternal life. All our hope is in him. Your posts about Diane have been a blessed witness to that. Thank you, Lid.

2Thinks said...

And Lid, Oct. 4 you were born? Guess what- Oct. 8 for me. The wonder of it all...

Lelia Chealey said...

So cool!!