1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
What a coincidence--I am in the middle of a procrastination right now. I'm supposed to be calling someone from church to interview him for the "volunteer of the month" spotlight on our church website. I'll call him! I'll call him! Geesh!
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
Oh, heavens. There is a routine you would have to see to believe, and even though Jorge views it nightly, he still stares in disbelief. I will condense it to this: I need the TV on a show that is not emotionally stimulating in any way. No Nancy Grace talking about missing children. No drug interventions. No CSI's and the like. I need sports that I don't understand, or QVC, etc. Then I have to have the air purifier on high, which has about the same roar as a vacuum. I have to have the back scratcher handy, the Kleenex handy, the Burt's Bees on the lips, the lotion on the heels, certain covers .... then I fall asleep. But I do not fall unless all conditions are right. I'm like a hothouse orchid. Don't get me started about hot flashes at night. I rarely sleep through. I go to the bathroom and then chastise myself for waking up and command myself to go back to sleep. It usually works.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
I do love the 40's: shoulder pads, nylons, coiffed hair, hats, high heels, etc. BUT I also love the 70s: jeans, faded shirts, soft billowy hair, flip-flops, and Brooke Shields' eyebrows. Realistically, I'd pick the 70s, but I love to look at the styles in 40s films.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
This is a trick question. I. need. help. Sometimes, about every other month, Jorge's men's group meets at our home, and I have to prepare a meal and then leave. So the leaving part makes it a little more challenging than if I were there to serve it, you know? So ... I'll be reading you to see what you say! Cheating, I know!
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
I went to Target for medicine at the pharmacy. Didn't have my insurance card, so I turned around, bought a chaise lawn chair and some beach wear. Results were actually much better than what the meds do for me.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
CLOSED casket, maybe cremation. But if you come to my funeral and the lid is up, you have my permission to RUN up the aisle and slam it shut and sit on it so that no one can pry it back open. "Lid doesn't want to be remembered without a lid!"
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Sunshine. And a certain lawn chair.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Not that picky. I like most dinner rolls (soft).
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Apathy about fitness.
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Service to others. Better memory, too.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
The way the light comes in the front of my house, I'd say that front room, but it's not decorated to suit me. So I guess I'd say my bedroom, although I'm tired of the decoration. But I SO love my bed.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
I have learned that I can't be perfectly balanced. Something has to give. The goal is finding peace in what I choose to let go that day. In the last couple of years, I have let go of the notion of a perfectly clean, kept house. That is HUGE for me. Also, I'm letting go of some things to spend quality time with friends each Wed night and quality time with parents. I'm learning; I'm learning. My prayer is for God to give me wisdom about this.