Tuesday, June 01, 2010

One Tired Puppy



Oh, I am one tired puppy. I know that today is Tuesday, the day I post 12 questions for the Random Dozen, but I'm sooooo tired that I just didn't have it in me.

So for the month of June, I'm taking a Random break. Some of you will sigh a disappointed, "Aww, shooties!" Others of you will click your heels because you've felt somewhat enslaved and yet also a victim of Stockholm Syndrome, wherein you actually LIKE the torture I put you through each week at the random.

So I think a short break is in order, and perhaps I will come up with some NEW & IMROVED!!!!! Random Dozen questions during my hiatus. But I promise not to do to you what my tooth whitener did to me this week: Tout "NEW & IMPROVED!!!!!" on the box when it appears to be exactly the same as the other hundred boxes I've purchased.

How was your Memorial Day weekend?

On Saturday, I did some house cleaning and a tad bit of cooking. Jordan came home from school and promptly left to go see his sweet girlfriend who lives quite a ways away.

On Sunday, I went to church, and then I went with Jorge to a picnic way out in the country somewhere and rubbed elbows with dozens of people I did not know who really like to eat barbecue meat stuff, of which I'm not a fan. OK, I knew about 6, thank goodness.

Then I'll let Facebook updates recount the rest of my weekend:

Good to be home-Jordan is also home-watching the LOST finale together; he hasn't seen it yet. So fun. Love my son. ♥

Son falls asleep during LOST finale = FAIL. He cracks me up. Going running. We'll catch it tomorrow.

Run report: Humidity + no restroom for 3 mi + lethal abrasians on freshly-shaven armpits = FAIL. Dead Cardinal on road = Nature Fail. Someone yelling "White girl" at me = Tanning Fail. I wanted a backyard fire, but I am afraid I will trip and fall in or something. Calling it a night, will try again in the a.m.

White Girl runs again. (The sequel.) And we all know sequels never improve the original. Ugh.

It was a fine weekend for family, eating and planting annuals in pots on my deck, not such a fine weekend for weight management and exercise. But we did finally manage to watch the finale with Jordan, only to discover he was not that impressed with the ending.

I, on the other hand, re-lived every gut-wrenching moment with nails dug into the La-Z-Boy and a Kleenex on my lap, and a new desire for a yellow Lab named Jack.

Topped it off with my favorite treat, coffee with REAL cream, shaken before poured for that foamy outcome, and a Nonni's chocolate decadence biscotti dipped in the coffee for -- insane goodness.

And so ends another long holiday weekend--back to work where my entire day will be spent assembling spiral bound booklets.

Sigh. I'd rather be LOST.

25 comments:

Teresa Dawn said...

Will miss the Random Dozen, but I understand. I make tons of these surveys myself and sometimes it is hard to think of questions.

I'll just put up one of my own for this week haha!!!

God Bless and take that well deserved break. The puppy is adorable.

Teresa Dawn
http://naivaze.com

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I know what you mean about being a tir4d puppy. I finish up the year at school today...and then Thursday we head to Birmingham for Methodist conference....I am going....and laying by the pool, reading, and sleeping. I am looking forward to recouping for the big move the next week. Have a good one.

samurai said...

I confess, i was a tad disappointed that when i came by and found out that you are taking a break from the Random Dozen. But, i also understand.

Have a beautiful start to your summer... just don't get any papercuts today. 8)

SouthLakesMom said...

Enjoy the respite. Even Jesus took rests to be away from all the hubbub...to spend time with His father...

but I don't think His rests involved spiral notebooks.

See you in July!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Oh the days of assembling spiral bound notebooks... brings back lots of memories of my days at a desk! I would love to have a job like that again!!

The hubs and I reconnected after him begin gone for a month on business. It was a great childless weekend.(Girl Child off on a mission trip to Mexico..YIKES!)

We had a date night then spent a lot of time just resting and talking and then did a bit of shopping all in all it was a great lazy weekend!

We love Random Dozen, but also understand the need for hiatus. A well timed break is a good thing!
R

Mocha with Linda said...

So I have to come up with a post on my own for tomorrow, eh?! I'm sure the break will give you lots of fresh ideas.

I absolutely LOVE your summer blog look. Your picture is quite glamorous!

But I did have a bit of trouble figuring out "new & improved" in the third paragraph. Red ink on dark pink background is a tad hard to read.

Susanne said...

You know what I did all weekend? And it's all your fault? I finally gave in and watched the first 10 episodes of Lost. Now my brain is lost somewhere. How long do you think it will take me to catch up? LOL.

Cathy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I'll miss the Random Dozen, but I totally understand. I don't know how you come up with that week after week. Enjoy your break!

Dawn said...

Oh Lidna! What do I have for my blog posts on Wednesday?! I can barely find a post for Monday, Sunday, Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and now I need to think of one for Wednesday! Oh, well I can't wait for the "new and improved" Random Dozen!

Cae ♥

Lea said...

Good for you! You deserve a break and it comes a good time for me too.:0) Enjoy your time off and we'll look forward to the first Wed. in July. Blessings to you!

kathy said...

I love your sleeping pup! Nothing like sleeping animals to remind us to relax. Just found your blog and love your take on life. I'll be back.
Kathy
www.wellnessroadtrip.com

Just Breathe said...

Oh no, now I have to think for myself! I understand totally. I LOVE Random Dozen so I will be waiting as patiently as I can.
Are you back now :)

skoots1mom said...

great photo on your new layout...congrats...all your hard work is showing :)
happy hiatus!
would you send up some prayers for my girl...she's in Europe and mama's a little antsy;)

Sue said...

Enjoy your "random" break ;-) and thanks for the constant fun. I'd love to know you in "real" life. You seem like you'd be a BLAST! I'd be laughing all the time ;-)

Hugs & God bless

noexcuses said...

Take the break - I'm sure you are deserving of it! I always look forward to your Random Dozen, but then I look forward to anything you write. If anyone feels itchy to write, have them stop by "Mama's Losin It". They can pick one of her prompts to write about...that is, of course, for those who are not sitting around having coffee with you!!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hey Linda, everyone deserves a break..enjoy yours and see you in July!

Barb

12-arrows said...

oh your new pic is beautiful and I love your new look on the blog too! thanks for continuing to encourage me through your blog! I look forward to your posts! Blessings my friend!

Jewel said...

Okay...I am one of the "relieved" ones, concerning the Random. :-) Mostly because I have those who read my blog that REALLY look forward to it and I've been having some minor computer glitches which has been making it doubly hard to get the random posted in time, on top of having dial-up...STILL....in these here hills.
AND I do understand your needing to take a break AND I look forward to your fresh and exciting new questions...coming in July!
I loooove your new bloggy look, Linda AND you are so pretty AND photogenic!
I'm so thankful to hear that I am not the only one who is feeling TIRED. *sighhh*
Have a good week back at work! ((HUGS))

Debbie's L'Bri said...

On Memorial day we go to the parade and then we do a major cleaning job. This year I choose my bedroom.. Top to bottom. Washed walls ceiling and floor. Many years we do the basement.

Take care,
Debbie's L'bri skincare blog
http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/

L'Bri is an aloe based skincare program. Most company's first ingredient is water. In our skincare products aloe is the first ingredient. Aloe is very healing to the skin. Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heidi said...

I don't blame you for needing a break! I was thinking yesterday that I needed to come over for this week's questions (I missed last week due to being in FL with no internet access). It'll be nice to have a little break, and I'll look forward to starting back up in July. :)

Enjoy June and those iced mochas! Love them!

CoffeeLovinMom said...

And I keep wanting to take part in your random dozen too..please let us know when the new and improved come out. If you are not too tired, I have awarded you a trendy blogger: http://bit.ly/dCc3gT if you accept awards!

Lois E. Lane said...

Hey there! I'm trying to be your friend on Facebook and there's not spot on the profile to request that...isn't that weird?

Shawna said...

I LOVE this post. Like, if I could scream "LOVE" across the Internet waves, I would. I love your new header. I love that your background is now hot pink. I love that puppy picture. I love your armpit references. I love how you used the word "fail." Let me just say it one more time, Lid. I love, love, love you and am so thrilled to have stumbled across your blog. You are my absolute favorite blogger. I am sending you so many kudos and good vibes for a truly fabulous day.

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

My Memorial Day weekend was different this year..we always go camping but my little mother passed away on Thursday and was buried on Saturday. It has truly been a rough Memorial Day weekend for us this year.

~Beth

SusanD said...

Hey Lid, My weekend was crazy busy and loaded with fun. Family, friends, Derby hats, and food Food FOOD! ahaha. Enjoy your break from the RD. Blessings, SusanD (RDozenette)