Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Here's My Card!

Is this a new thing?

My family went out to eat in a big chain restaurant similar to Olive Garden or Applebees. The server was friendly, courteous and eager to offer suggestions about the menu. She was an uber-server.

At the end of the meal, the server asked, "Do you eat here often?" Only one said yes. The server then said, "Here's my card. Please ask for me when you return," and she handed this card to my daughter:



If you know my family, you will understand that once she was out of earshot, this was wildly funny to everyone at the table. 

Do you think management knows she's doing this? Is this a new thing? Is it OK? Why does my own reaction to this make me feel like the Dowager Countess of Grantham?



2 comments:

The Bug said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if she has a life coach or something :)

Susanne said...

The Downtown Abbey pic cracked me up! That is different. Hasn't happened to us yet up here.