Saturday, July 21, 2007

'Arry Pottah

What was I thinking?

I went obliviously to the library today, where a Harry Potter Lollapolooza was in full swing. It was a sea of kids that looked like the kid in this pic, plus librarians doing their best to look like adult characters. (I don't know what a Dumbledore or whatever is, so I can't pretend to name the characters. But one name definitely sounds like "moldy wart.")

They were in the library making crafts, eating and drinking, coloring, crying, carrying books ... outside sitting on the grass ... on my way to the car I overheard:

Kid 1: "I guess I'm glad I came."
Kid 2: "Me too. I got away from my little brother for 3 whole hours."

Now that's magic.

5 comments:

Connie Barris said...

TOO funny....

This is huge... I mean.. my kids that never read have read all the books and today we bought book #7... my son goes around saying... as you said, "Arry Pottah"

Now I realize there is much controversy in the Christian world about these books... so let me leave it at that... Something I will have to deal with and have dealt with in our family...

I don't read them.. but I have seen one of the movies.. that is about it...

I might have been much smarter if they had something fun to read when I was growing up.. but hey, there was Nancy Drew...smile

Gretchen said...

I don't suppose I'll see either History Boy or Drama Girl until they finish the 759th page. My neighbor sent them each a book for their birthdays so we didn't have to hear them bicker...er...so they wouldn't have to share. :)

Shelly said...

LOL!!!

I'm totally out of the Harry Potter loop, but I know that things were in a crazy stir of anticipation and decoration yesterday when I was in the Starbucks connected to our Barnes & Nobles. Actually, it was more on the insane side!

Melanie said...

I haven't read any of the books, but that is one funny post.

Warts and all.

angel said...

LOL! I'm a Harry Potter junkie, but the kid who said he got away from his brother was priceless!