Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday's Feastivus

Appetizer
Name 2 things you would like to accomplish in 2008.


To stop waking up so stressed about dumb things. It's like a tea kettle whistle is going off in my ear, or like an ambulance is going through my room with a guy yelling through a megaphone: "OHMYGOSH Wake up! Wake up! You have so much to worry about today, like that thing you just dreamed about that you can't remember now, and about what's going on at work and if your kids are alive right now and if you're really in tune with God and what you'll make for dinner!! Get UP!"

Also, to decrease physically and increase spiritually.

Soup
With which cartoon character do you share personality traits?


Foghorn Leghorn

Salad
What time of day (or night) were you born?


3:30 pm

Main Course
Tell us something special about your hometown.


I shall make a list because we are very cosmopolitan and exciting. Garfield the Cat's studio is here. David Letterman went to Ball State University here. Our recent mayoral campaign was won by a female with under a dozen votes. We were the town on the short-lived reality show "Armed and Famous," where celebrities came here and became temporary policemen. Ball canning jars originated here. We have a bed and breakfast now, if you'd like to visit after absorbing the cultural shock of that tantalizing list.

Dessert
If you could receive a letter from anyone in the world, who would you want to get one from?


I could go for the big leagues, like St. Paul or Clinton Kelly from What Not to Wear, but I'll keep it simple: Cary Grant.

13 comments:

jenny said...

Intersting feast! I am now planning my visit to your town . . . we were born near the same time of day. :-)

Have a great weekend. :-)

~Yen~ said...

Nice feast! Like your appetizer:)
My Friday's Feast is up as well! Enjoy the rest of the Holidays!

Fresh Girl said...

Oooo, Cary Grant is a good choice! In his "Philadelphia Story" days or his "Touch of Mink" days? ;)

Debbie said...

We have a bed and breakfast? Really?

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Loved your dessert. Cary Grant is a good choice.

I hope you can stop the madness in your appetizer. I sometimes do that, but not very often. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

**"Liza"** said...

Great feast here..;)
Happy Feast! Have a wonderful New Year too! ;)
Mine here

♥Shabem-®♥ said...

That's a beautiful thing to wish for to be closer to God.
Happy FF!

Missy said...

I'll nominate you for What Not to Wear if you nominate me....

Missy said...

where's the CK post?? What month??

???????

Jennifer said...

Great feast this week! I can relate to your appetizer & your main course is fascinating! Please feel free to visit mine! Happy Weekend to you!

Jennifer :-)

PJ said...

Love the Feast!! I'd like some of that appetizer.

And, Oh yes, keep it simple with Cary Grant. I think I'd go for Elvis!!! CK would be Waay over the top!

Susanne said...

Ah yes pass the appetizer!

Foghorn Leghorn made me almost spit my coffee, girl!

Susan said...

From someone else who has bells going off in her head..."Be anxious in NOTHING." I quote that to myself rather regularly and find they are words to stand upon.