Thursday, January 03, 2008

Dramatic Prairie Dog And Glenn Beck?



OK, one of the biggest dumbest fads of 2007 I did not find out about until the other day, when my college freshman son showed me this video and proceeded to laugh until he almost went unconscious. And that was after having watched it a million times already. Pretty soon the 15 year-old sister was hysterical, too. Then the oldest college girl came over to the computer, so there we were, all five of us, huddled around: THE DRAMATIC PRAIRIE DOG. It got so bad that my husband got out the video camera and recorded them. It was ridiculous and ridiculously funny just to watch them basically fold up on the floor laughing.

So if you want to be in touch with youth culture, you must view this 5 second wildly popular Youtube video. Then you must watch the 80's remix. And then you must watch Glenn Beck, who I am sure has been called worse things than a prairie dog. Apparently, people have manipulated and inserted this 5 second clip into several different movies, such as Star Wars and Titanic. (Prairie Dog "sees" the iceberg and then does the dramatic reaction.) Enjoy yourself. You might find it mildly amusing, but test it on your kids to see if they convulse with laughter. It could be like a scientific experiment. Laugh = young. No laugh = old.





8 comments:

Roxanne said...

Alrighty then, I am very, very, very old if this is the standard, but the Walrus and His Bucket saga over at I Can Has Cheezburger has me in stitches everytime I see a new one.

Kim said...

Ah....my co-workers showed this to me a few months ago...and yes, they are younger than I, and of course...they laughed....and laughed....oh...and I did I mention LAUGHED!!!???

I guess I'd be considered middle aged????? I thought the 2nd utube you posted was funny!!!

Kim~

Ann said...

Hahahahaha! I showed this to my boys, we watched it half a dozen times and love it. Our favorite was the top one, but Turn Around Bright Eyes is pretty good too. My husband loves Glenn Beck, got his Inconvenient Book signed just a few weeks ago.

I hope you have a fabulous day, Linda! :)

Jen said...

The second one was pretty funny,.the others not so funny...I guess old people just dont get it.....I'm running with the old I guess. lol

gail said...

linda, that was great. i like the 2nd and 3rd best. do you have the link to the star wars one? inquiring minds want to know! NOW! hee hee

gail

Lois E. Lane said...

Oh my gosh! I had not had the pleasure yet, and am now laughing heartily in my cubicle :) That prarie dog could really give Hasselhoff a run for his money...

Missy said...

I think you and I are pop culture mind twins. And I too was in the dark about this one. Even my husband was, and he is way cooler than I. Thanks for the heads up!

Melanie said...

I am old.

I think the problem is that we know the song and who sings it, so we picture them. It doesn't make the prairie dog so funny.

Or we are just old.